Chapter 12: The Last Day of Preparations

The last day for L'Manberg to surrender. Tomorrow would be the day that Dream starts the plan for Eret to betray them.
(Y/N) was currently outside with Fundy, making backup weapons. They conversed a little as they crafted. The woman would look at Eret up on the walls once in a while, along with Fundy, both making sure they were ok and making sure they didn't fall. She remembered the plan Eret had told her; after Dream, George, and Sapnap would blow up Tommy's house (or "The Embassy" the boy had corrected), she would try and chase them into the woods, trying to catch them OR she would get "kidnapped" and get hidden somewhere for the L'Manbergians to find her after Eret's betrayal. She would need to stay on their side for a long time for this to work. She was almost a little upset at Dream for making her stay there even after Eret betrays them. She wanted to spend time with the Dream Team, but she wanted the price the masked man had promised.
     Fundy glanced up at Eret and leaned toward the woman. "It's probably a little late to ask, but isnt Eret acting strange?" The fox asked. (Y/N) looked up at the suspicious man finishing the wall and hopping down into the pond nearby. "Why would you say that?" She asked in the most innocent way she could. "Well, before we saved you, they've been off on their own doing 'who-knows-what' and wouldn't paying attention to Will when he gave speeches" Fundy responded, keeping his gaze on Eret. "Well, if I were them, I'd be nervous and need time to process what is happening. It's not exactly easy for anyone. They don't seem very suspicious to me, but I've talked to them and they seem good" she spoke, covering for the sunglasses man as they walked into their house.
     Fundy thought for a moment, humming to himself. "You're still really new here, so what you say doesn't really matter, but I suppose you're right. It's just...no one acts the way they do. No one sneaks off and does their own thing like that" Fundy said, still a little uneasy. (Y/N) set a hand on the fox's shoulder, giving him a smile she secretly hated. "Everyone behaves differently to different actions and events. It's alright to think like this. You're just on your toes" she said. Fundy looked deep into her eyes and nodded, smiling a little. "Well, let's finish these tools and take them to the van in a little bit!" He said, his tail wagging as he found his confidence once again. The two finished their task and brought the weapons and tools they made to the van and went their separate ways.

——

     It was sundown and everyone had met up for an update on supplies and progress for tomorrow.
(Y/N) sat at her desk, her window open waiting for a possible response from Dream. Suddenly, a crow flew down and landed on her windowsill, a letter tied to its foot. The woman untied the letter and unrolled it, reading over the letter:

     (Y/N),
            I have been told by Eret that you know of the plan. Tomorrow is the day we strike Tommy's house. I have decided that once we do, we will retreat, resulting in the L'Manbergians to believe they won. Eret will tell them they have a special thing to show them, which is the secret trap. You can either 1) Tell them that you'll keep an eye above ground outside the walls to make sure we 'aren't around' while Eret goes through with the plan OR 2) You can go with them, go to the room, and when we attack, we will have to hurt you severely but not enough to kill you. You can let me know what choice you decide by tonight or early tomorrow morning.
            Another thing, George, Sapnap, and I miss you. You did stay here for a day, but you were nice company. We can't wait to see you again. Especially Sapnap. I won't say anymore, since that's for you to find out when you come back.
            I'll stop delaying you. I wanted to update you on what's happening. It's unprofessional of me, but I see you as a friend outside of business. I'm glad I found you. I'll see you tomorrow. Whichever choice you make.
                        Good luck,
                                                Dream Team

     (Y/N) laughed lightly at the note. She didn't expect them to think of her as anything but a business partner. It was new, but she found a newfound spark in her soul. The three boys were something she could never find anywhere. She wanted to see them again as well, but tomorrow they will have to act professional.