Chapter 9: Fooling the Fox

(Y/N) woke up on the couch, her head aching and her body felt a little sore from giving herself bruised for the act. She sat up and looked around. She had fallen asleep on the couch. She stood up and went to the kitchen to see if there was any food. She saw a few loafs of bread, some honey, and some berries. She decided to make a sandwich with the bread and berries. She would have used the honey, but she decided to do that later. She ate the sandwich and took a step outside.
The small country had the 5 people scattered around the area, Tubbo and Tommy were laughing about something, Eret was standing by the entrance of the wall as lookout, Fundy was near the far corner somewhat near her house, and Wilbur was inside the van. She walked over to Eret and stood next to them.
"So, Eret. How did you sleep last night she asked, acting out her role. "I slept alright. I got a letter from you-know-who, so...another traitor, huh?" They asked, the last part whispered quietly. (Y/N) nodded, keeping up her act in case anyone looked over at them. Eret nodded, taking in the information.
"Would you want to talk more about the plans tonight at my place? I'll tell Wilbur I'm your 'tour guide'"
"Sure, sounds like a plan. What time?"
"How about... 3am?"
"Sounds good to me"
"Alright. Cool" Eret stated awkwardly, ending their conversation as to not make it suspicious. (Y/N) walked away with a smile on her face and walked around conversing with people.
     She hated acting all nice and smiling, but it was her job. She was treated very well by the Dream Team and she actually grew fond of them in the very short amount of time she was with them. Her thoughts traveled back to when her and Sapnap made the scene of him chasing her. She remembered him telling her something before he let her run ahead.

"I want to say that you're a great asset to this team already. You're pretty cool. If I seem very over the top when acting, I'm sorry if I scare you. I've had to deal with Tommy and Tubbo in the SMP land before and had to scare them off. Again, it's not real" he had said to her. She gave a small smile, something she didn't do often but around him and the other two it felt somewhat natural. "It's alright, Sap. I don't get scared easily, but I'll try and act scared. You know how I am, so it's not a problem at all if it seems like you scare me. It's an act" (Y/N) replied, holding her hand out for a handshake. The panda man smiled and took her hand, giving a firm handshake before showing her away and warming up to chase her.

     Fundy suddenly started shaking her shoulders lightly. "Hello? Are you alright, (Y/N)?" He asked, giving her a concerned expression. "Oh, I'm alright. Just can't get the memory of the guy chasing me away" she responded, lowering her tone and looking down at her feet. Fundy's fox ears dropped and a frown grew on his muzzle. He shook his head and took her by the shoulders, pushing her lightly to one corner of L'Manberg.
     "I can try and cheer you up! I hope you like flowers. It's not much, considering how small of an area it is here, but it's something Tubbo noticed a while back. I thought you might enjoy it" he said, his tail wagging, letting her shoulders go as the two of them came across a little patch of flowers in the grass. (Y/N) walked over to them, trying to come up with an expression that would fit this scenario. Her eyes widened and mouth opened a little, kneeling down and touching the flowers, hoping it wasn't weird. "They're really pretty" she breathed out, faking awe. Fundy giggled a little as he thought he did a good job of pleasing the newcomer. (Y/N) turned around, looking Fundy in the eyes as she stood up. She walked over to him and awkwardly hugged him. "I'm not one to give hugs, but hopefully this is ok" she said, trying to sound awkward, her true awkward emotion showing through a little. "It's alright. Not everyone is a hugger. But thank you for liking something I showed you! Wilbur hasn't really recognized anything I do" he said, lightly hugging her back. "He should! You've probably done a lot for this country" she successfully had him in her grasp as he blushed and shook his head, a paw behind his neck. "Oh, no no. I haven't been doing much recently anyway. He's my dad and he'll see what I can do in the future. Just you wait, Wilbur!" He stated, making a serious face and a bold pose like a superhero.
(Y/N) smiled and clapped. "I'm getting a little tired. I'll have to talk with Wilbur about my clothes tomorrow if I'm going to stay here" she said, excusing herself. "Alright! Don't color yours with a crayon. That's my thing!" He called out as you began walking away. "I won't steal your creativity, Fundy!" She called out.
     As she groomed back home, all she could think about was how easy it was to get through Fundy's fur. He was easily tricked. She almost hoped she could do the same with the others.