Chapter 29: Bonding

She hid behind a tree, looking around. The dark shadows of the trees fell down from the trees, giving a dark shade to the ground. The crescent moon high in the midnight sky, starts twinkling around it. The woman ran to another tree, hiding again.
     The deep sound of footsteps getting closer, her breathing growing uneven as she became nervous. She had started sweating earlier, staining her shirt a little. The steps started getting farther away as if whatever it was had started walking away...or had walked past.
     The woman hesitated, slowly peeking out from behind the tree, to see if whatever was chasing her was gone. She saw nothing. She then quickly jumped behind another tree, straightening her posture and keeping herself as thin as possible to not show herself from behind the large plant.
     Suddenly, a loud thump was heard as an axe hit the tree, getting close to her head, causing the woman to run. "Come here, I won't hurt you..." the person said, holding an axe tightly in their grasp. The woman panicked and said. "No, I won't". That caused the person to smirk and run after her. She was suddenly tackled to the ground as an axe was held to her neck. "Game over" the person said. The woman only smirked. "You think so?" She asked, holding a sword at the person's throat.

     "How?!" Sapnap asked, dropping his axe beside him. "I taught myself how to fight, how else would I know combat stuff" (Y/N) said, pushing him off of her. She rolled over and sat up, tossing her sword to the side. The man just grunted in disappointment and smiled at her. He brought her into a hug and nuzzled her head with his hand. She shouted and laughed as he did so, playfully punching him.
     The two of them had been playfully chasing each other and practicing combat for the future.         They were also bored.
     "Well, you're lucky I didn't bring my bow or I would have shot you" she said, laughing as the man let go of her finally. "Alright, whatever" he said, smiling and sitting beside her. The two just sat there for a minute before (Y/N) fell on her back and stared up at the night sky. Sapnap then laid down next to her, his arms behind his head as he looked at her.
     "At my house, I would always get up on my roof, lay down a little carpet for me to sit on, and look at the sky at night. I loved being alone so I wouldn't have to care for anyone else's needs or deal with arguments" the woman said, talking about her past before she met everyone. The man just kept looking at her as she talked. It seemed like his face turned pink, but it was hard to tell in the dark.
     "And I wouldn't have had such an experience like I had if it wasn't for Dream. And Techno, of course. They found me a few weeks ago, maybe months ago, and just...asked for help. I'm glad I agreed" she said, smiling. The man beside her started frowning a little, getting a little jealous at how she talked about his best friend and Techno. "You're glad they did?" He asked, instantly regretting his question since he felt like he hinted at being jealous. "Yeah. I met George and Eret...Punz...and you, Sap" she said, looking at him with a smile. The male's face became red at her smile, hoping she didn't notice in the dark.
     "Well, I'm glad they found you too. You're just...amazing and so smart. You're really fun and I really missed you when you went to L'Manberg as our spy. It wasn't the same. Even if you were here for a day" he said, laughing. She lightly chuckled. They kept their gazes on each other, comfortable with each other's presence. They both felt so comfortable around each other, it almost seemed like they would be best friends...
     Sapnap sat up and slowly brought the woman into a hug, pulling her up and into his chest. His arms wrapped around her torso, hiding his face in her back. The woman was shocked at first, but raised her hand and began to slowly scratch the man's head soothingly.

     Punz was on lookout to try and find the two missing people. Dream and George grew curious and a little worried, so they sent him out to find them. The man searched around the base and walked through the forest. He came across two silhouettes, sitting up on the ground. He got closer, seeing Sapnap and (Y/N) asleep in a hug. The man held his camera, took a silent picture, and walked back to the base to show the two other men.