Chapter 189- 190

Chapter 189- The War Begins

The place Lei Tie took Qin Mian to was not special, but within three days, they went through almost all the places worth visiting in the Capital and various refreshments such as baked rolls, pea flour cakes, sweetened baked wheaten cakes, sweet-filling glutinous rice cakes, fried haws, seasoned millet mush, pear tea, ma doufu, fried sesame egg cakes, kidney bean rolls, honey date wrapped with lotus leaves, toad spit honey, yam cakes, glass noodles, and sweet fried-pan desserts...... practically ate everywhere.

Qin Mian felt like he was on honeymoon again.

Every day, Qin Ruiqi and Lei Ruilin came home from school to see a different kind of snacks at home – they knew that their Old Dad bought them from outside with their Dad. They were so fond of good food that they also wanted to go. Unfortunately, Qin Mian could never ask them for leave to take them along. The children were older. He and Lei Tie should have a proper good time in their married life.

Three days later, Lei Tie began to get busy and often went home after dark.

Qin Mian took the time to enter the space. He planned to grab an eagle for Lei Tie and let him take it to West Pass. An eagle had a keen vision, was ferocious, and flew at a fast speed and long duration. It was good even if it was only used to send messages.

It was not difficult to catch an eagle in the space. Qin Mian finally caught a golden eagle on a high mountain – it was 5 chi long and could reach more than 8 chi when its wings were spread out. He didn't dare to catch one with an enormous body because it would be hard to explain to outsiders.

He pretended to take a few armed-servants to the deep mountains to hunt and amuse themselves and brought the golden eagle back two days later. The armed-servants personally saw him "shot down" the golden eagle, so they were not suspicious about it.

The golden eagle was given to Lei Tie and Lei Tie liked it very much. He suppressed the golden eagle with spiritual qi. After fake-training it for several days, he placed a beast-control talisman into the gold eagle's internal. The golden eagle then recognized him as the master – it was submissive and intelligent.

In recent days, State Defender Duke and his wife had made a public display of affection. The people in the Capital had seen them and became inured to the unusual. Therefore, they were not surprised to see the golden eagle sending Lei Tie to court for the first time.

After that, Qin Mian also put himself into the busy work, refining batch after batch of high-quality effective medicine in the space.

Half a month later, a large number of officers and soldiers left the Capital at night, escorting food and fodder westward. There was a saying in the Art of War: Before the troops and horses move, food and fodder go first. Food and fodder included not only grains and forage, but also salt, spices, herbal medicines, weapons, tents, and other military supplies.

Half a month later, a piece of shocking news came back from the frontier juncture: Princess Yanqing, who volunteered to go to Tuluo in peace marriage for the sake of peace between Great Xia and Tuluo, was brutally killed by the ruthless Tuluo people within the Tuluo border, about 20 li away from the Heroic Duo Stronghold of West Pass, Great Xia!

Emperor Xiaohui was devastated by the news of his daughter's tragic death. He was seriously ill and did not go to court for three days.

The people were indignant and recalled the scene when Princess Yanqing waved her hand to them on her wedding day – their hatred for Tuluo became stronger. They hoped that the imperial court could teach a heavy lesson to the incorrigible Tuluo people.