Chapter 183- 184

Chapter 183- Warm and Harmonious Family

At the thought that his beloved would entangle with a woman, Zhangsun He felt like a knife stirred in his heart, blood unceasingly spilled. He wanted to kill that fabricated woman. He also loved Chen Mufeng so much that he wanted to eat him, but he wasn't willing to do anything drastic because he knew that Chen Mufeng's pressure was no less than him.

Right hand clenched into a fist in his sleeve, he breathed evenly, stared at Chen Mufeng's eyes, and then said in a steady voice, "In that case, we'll continue wasting time. I've plenty of time."

For fear of losing control in front of Chen Mufeng, he turned around and left in a hurry – the figure of his back showed profound loneliness and desolation.

Chen Mufeng's heart ached, but he didn't follow.

Zhangsun He walked forward in a trot. His cold face frightened the passers-by, who then consciously gave way to him.

The two attendants had to jog to keep up with him, not daring to breathe out loud.

On the street opposite, a middle-aged man with natural, graceful, and poised temperament rode a black horse slowly toward him. The middle-aged man was followed by six other attendants, who also rode on horses.

Zhangsun He halted and went over. The owner of the horse saw him, too – there was no fluctuation in his expression. The distance between them got closer and closer.

Zhangsun He bowed with a cupped fist and said with a smile, "Greetings, Imperial Prince Ming."

Imperial Prince Ming nodded slightly and said with a light smile, "No need to be courteous, Young Marquis." The reins moved gently, and the horse went on.

Zhangsun He caught up with a few steps. His respectful tone was full of sincerity, "Imperial Prince Ming, this junior would like to invite you to have a cup of tea. Venture to ask if Imperial Prince Ming have the time to spare?"

""

"Forgive me, Young Marquis. This prince has been burdened with official business these days. There's no time to spare." Then Imperial Prince Ming nodded and directly left.

Zhangsun He was silent for a long time – there was nothing he could do.

......

Qin Mian brought Qin Ruiqi and Lei Ruilin back to the State Defender Duke Establishment. Qin Ruiqi and Lei Ruilin wanted to wait for Lei Tie in the foreyard, so Qin Mian first went back to the inner yard to pick out a change of clothes for Lei Tie and then took the opportunity to enter the space to pick some fresh fruits. Without permission, the servants would not enter their rooms at will. Thus, he wasn't afraid of being found out.

After picking the fruits, he went to the quadrangle courtyard to see White Spot.

White Spot had advanced recently. These days, it lay on the ground in the space with its eyes closed, motionless – it looked like it was sleeping, but in fact, it was cultivating. The spiritual qi in the space entered its body slowly just like a snowflake fell into the water, faded without traces. The spiritual threads flashed and died out like electric currents on its fur; its dark fur then became brighter and smoother.

Out of the space, Qin Mian went back to the foreyard.

Qin Ruiqi and Lei Ruilin were practicing martial arts on the training ground, surrounded by a group of servants.

The servants knew that the Lady had a good temper. As long as they didn't delay their work or break the rules, the Lady wouldn't scold them. When they saw Qin Mian coming, they didn't panic and saluted him properly.