Chapter 057: Little Mother Joins the Household

In the twinkling of an eye, it came the day Lei Daqiang married Wei Wei.

Qin Mian and Lei Tie informed Yue Dong in advance that they would not go to the shop. Since that night Lei Tie ruthlessly taught a lesson to those two men, no one looked for trouble with the restaurant anymore. There was nothing to worry about if they did not go to the shop for a few days.

After breakfast, they dressed up and came to the old house together. Compared with the previous few days, there were some changes in the old house. There were two red lanterns hanging under the eaves of the courtyard gate. Several red "囍[1]" characters were pasted at different positions on the courtyard gate, the central room and the external wall, portraying the auspicious festive.

[1] double happiness (similar to 喜喜) / symbol of good luck, esp. marriage.

When Qin Mian walked closer, he looked at the house and wondered how the whole family would live after Miss Wei joined in? Could it be that every time Lei Daqiang wanted to be with Wei Shi, he would rush Du Shi to Lei Chuntao's room or divide his bed in two with a cloth curtain?

At the thought of that kind of funny scene, Qin Mian laughed silently. The more he thought, the more he laughed.

"What are you laughing at?" Lei Tie patted him on the head.

Qin Mian promptly said: "Nothing, nothing." There was still a smile on his face.

Lei Tie did not ask anymore and pulled him into the yard.

The auspicious time was near dusk, and therefore the courtyard was still relatively quiet right now. In regard to their father taking a wife, Lei Xiangren and the other younger generations were very embarrassed and quietly did things at hand.

"Eldest brother and eldest sister-in-law; you two are here." Lei Xiangli came over.

Lei Tie waved his hand, "Continue with your work."

Lei Xiangli sighed and went out of the courtyard. "I'm going to borrow tables and chairs."

Qin Mian and Lei Tie walked around. There was no need to help and they also did not want to see Du Shi's "everyone owed her 500 taels" face. Thus, they turned back home.

Qin Mian suggested, "Let's go to buy some tofu and a fish." Although Green Mountain Village was far away from Running Water Town, there were wine workshops, tofu workshops and fish farms in the village. It was very convenient to buy wine, tofu and fish. In this regard, he thought it was not too bad to transmigrate to Green Mountain Village.

Lei Tie pointed his chin to the left side of the small path to let him go that way.

"Brother Tie and sister[2] go for a walk?" Wu Di came face-to-face as he teased.

[2] Not blood-related. The common address for a friend's wife.

Lei Tie nodded slightly.

Quan Mian nodded politely to Wu Di and the other three villagers who were walking with him.