Chapter 161: Famous All Over the Country

After a column of incense had burnt, the meat dish competition began. The contestants were still divided into groups by drawing lots first. This time, Qin Mian was the first group. The ingredients were already prepared, so it didn't matter if he was in the first group.

The meat dish he wanted to make was steamed meat with rice flour and fermented tofu. After the competition ended, he would open a fermented tofu workshop. By chance, he used this opportunity to advertise the fermented tofu. In the first step, he added chili powder, minced ginger, fine white sugar, salt, pepper, and rice flour into fermented tofu juice and stirred well. After washing streaky meat, he cut it into thin slices and put them into the well-prepared powder. He held and pinched the meat slices with his hands to make them adhered to the powder and seasoned them evenly. Then, he evenly spread the meat slices and marinated them for about a period of a column of incense burnt so that the flavor was well absorbed. After that, he placed the meat slices onto a plate and put an appropriate amount of water into a pot over high heat. When the water was boiling, he put the plate into the pot and left it to steam for a period of a column of incense burnt before taking it out. He used chopsticks to clip out the meat slices, put them on a new plate in a beautiful arrangement, and then garnished with chopped scallions.

The procedures for making a meat dish were more than that of a vegetarian dish. Hence, in the beginning, the chefs chose relatively simple dishes. About four moments or so, all the four dishes were ready and brought to the lobby.

Stewed Chicken with Three Cups Sauce, Fragrant Spicy Duck in Pot, , Steamed Meat with Rice Flour and Fermented Tofu, and Sweet and Sour Spare Ribs all gave off a strong aroma, causing many people involuntarily swallowed their saliva.

Old Liu commented on the Steamed Meat with Rice Flour and Fermented Tofu, "Fat but not greasy, tender but not mushy, rich with five spices, suitable for young and old, simply a unique dish." Steamed Meat with Rice Flour and Fermented Tofu easily passed.

Qin Mian had his eyebrows raised in delight and eyes laughing. When he decided to launch the Steamed Meat with Rice Flour and Fermented Tofu, he would use these five sentences as a slogan.

The five dishes were divided for the rest of the chefs to eat.

In the afternoon, Qin Mian entered the second round of the competition and made a plate of . Squirrelfish was named after its similar shape. It was bright in color, tender, crisp, sweet, and sour. It was highly praised by Old Gu, Old Wen, and Old Liu.

At this time, the participants vaguely realized that this cooking competition was practically like a publicity campaign for Double Xiang House, while they acted as Qin Mian's foils. Nonetheless, it was too late to regret. Under the circumstances, they could only continue to compete and try to get a better place in the competition.

In the third round, Qin Mian made Beggar's Chicken...

Due to many meat ingredients needed to be marinated for the flavor to absorb before cooking, the preparation took a long time. The competition only reached the finale on the morning of the third day.

The final competition was between Qin Mian, Wu Dewang, Jin Chang'an, Zheng Xiangui, and Wang Fusheng.

Wu Dewang had thought to let someone mess with Qin Mian's ingredients on the sly, but unfortunately, the Lei Family's armed servants had been watching him so tenaciously that he didn't even have the chance to instruct his subordinate in private for a few words. Helplessly, he watched Qin Mian go to the last step smoothly.

Qin Mian tried his best to surprise everyone. For the last dish, he decided to make "Buddha Jumping Over the Wall".

The cooking process of this dish was very complicated and he would be using multiple pots at the same time, so he tried to discuss with the other four contestants and three judges to let the other four contestants cook first and he cooks last.