Chapter 052: Visitor from the County

Qin Mian inwardly broke in chills but maintained his composure, "This is a bit beyond our comprehension. Anyway, the Lei Family has no authority and no influence, and there is nothing worth to be plotted against. Miss Wei used to be a competent maid in a rich family household, maybe she thinks differently from other people."

"That's right." Lei Xiangli and Lei Xiangzhi were no longer entangled in this.

This afternoon, both Lei Xiangli and Lei Xiangzhi helped in the shop, which greatly relieved the pressure on Qin Mian and Lei Tie. The brothers were surprised to see that many people in the town brought their own bowls to eat spicy hot soup. In fact, many customers had suggested that Qin Mian and Lei Tie should expand their shop or change to a bigger one. However, firstly, they had no opportunity. Secondly, Qin Mian did not have so much energy for the time being and the Lunar New Year was coming soon. Future matters should be put off until later.

In the evening, the four people ate hot pot in the shop and went home together riding in the ox cart. Because today's food sold out fast, when they returned to the village, the sun had just set.

Qin Mian let Lei Tie drive the ox cart all the way to the gate of the old house. He didn't deny that he wanted to see Du Shi making a fool of herself.

In the old house, the meal was served on the table.

Qin Mian came in with a basket of food. With a smiling expression on his face, he said loudly: "Father, mother, are you about to have dinner? It seems that we are back just in time. Brother Tie and I have brought you a lot of food. Father and younger brothers can have wine to your heart's content."

Lei Tie carried a pot of soup in both hands and went in with him.

Qin Mian motioned to Lei Tie to put the soup on the women's table and deliberately looked at Du Shi's face. "Mother, this is the hot pot soup in our shop that cooked with big bones; very savory. I also brought back some meatballs, mutton, streaky pork, chicken meat, and fish fillets. It's very tasty when cooked in the soup."

Lei Xiangzhi touched his chin. How did he feel that eldest sister-in-law came back to "show off his military strength[1]"? Looking up at his eldest brother's eyes which contained imperceptible pampering and connivance, he could only shake his head helplessly.

[1] to show off one's military strength (idiom); to strut around; to flaunt; to boast.

Qin Mian really had a mind to provoke Du Shi, so he was generous enough to bring back a lot of meat dishes, enough for the whole family to eat.

Du Shi's eyes swept over all kinds of meat dishes one by one, neither happy nor angry. For a long time, she did not utter a word.

Qin Mian felt his anger had vented off.

Lei Xiangren knew that Lei Xiangli and Lei Xiangzhi had gone to Lei Tie's shop. He regretted that he had not gone with them. He quickly walked over and said, "Smells good. Wife, why don't you quickly go to the charcoal stove and get a clean pot? Third brother's wife, you go get wine."