Chapter 090: Amaze the World with A Single Brilliant Feat

After a stick of incense burnt, the scholars stopped writing one after another. Dean Huo and Teacher Liu asked them to recite their poems in turn.

"One can eat a meal without meat, but cannot live without bamboo. Without meat makes people thin, without bamboo makes people vulgar," the first contestant recited his poem confidently.

The crowd roared with laughter.

"Hahaha..."

Dean Huo and Teacher Liu shook their heads. A few of the guests who knew a little poetry and lyrics also shook their heads.

Teacher Liu simply commented, "This poem can be recited smoothly, but it is a pity that it has lost the 'elegance' of the 'poem'."

Contrarily, Qin Mian thought that this poem was very good and suitable for hanging in the wine house. Therefore, he gave the scholar a favorable smile and decided to talk to him after the contest.

The second scholar recited, "How flavorous is your golden-hued Zhaoyang wine! You fill my cup of jade in amber, it will glow. It's enough if you can make me drunk, host mine; no more nostalgia in your house shall I know."

"Good!" Dean Huo nodded approvingly, "The language of the entire poem has a wonderful meaning, like drinking wine and enjoying the spring breeze. It's a masterpiece."

Dean Huo and Teacher Liu commented very quickly, and the poetry contest ended soon. The first, second, and third winners were Huo Sirui, Wang Shangwen, and another poor junior.

Lei Xiangzhi's poem was very good too, but unfortunately, he didn't make it to the top three. However, he was second in calligraphy and chess contests.

........

The last literary arts competition was guqin. Huo Sirui's song was amazing and he easily won first place. Dean Huo couldn't stop smiling.

After the literary arts competition, Qin Mian asked people to hang several excellent poems. Then, he took out the brand-new silver ingots that had been prepared in advance. He let Dean Huo and Teacher Liu serve as the awarding guests to give the prize money to the students who won the competition.

The students who didn't get the rank were not disappointed. They still could enjoy free food and drink.

"Boss Qin, it's time for martial arts competition!" Bao Xu shouted, afraid that Qin Mian might forget.

Qin Mian said, "Let's go outside to compete. This way, please."

The open space in front of the building was large enough for people to compete in martial arts. All the guests followed them outside to watch.

Qin Mian and Bao Xu, Li Shan, and Zhou Hai were surrounded in the middle.

"Who comes first?" Qin Mian asked as he loosened his wrists.

Bao Xu stepped out with chest held high, "I'll come first."

Qin Mian nodded, "Alright, please."

Lei Xiangzhi walked to Lei Tie and asked worriedly, "Eldest Brother, Eldest Sister-in-law will be alright?" Bao Xu was tall and strong. He was not only a head taller than Qin Mian, but his body was also at least as thick as two Qin Mian. Furthermore, it was not fat but solid flesh on his body that made him appear like a young calf.

Lei Tie remained silent.

Dean Huo reminded, "The time is up to you two."

Bao Xu nodded vigorously, "Don't worry, Dean Huo. Whoever can throw the other on the ground will be the winner. What do you think, Boss Qin? "