Chapter 142: One Year Old

"Gehgehgeh..." Manman clapped his small hands and laughed until his saliva flowed out. Yuanyuan suspiciously stared at his Old Dad on the ground, is it a new play?

Lei Tie calmly got up from the ground, let the two little ones lie down properly, and swayed the crib to coax them to sleep.

Qin Mian ran over and carried one baby in each hand. Then, he put the two little ones in the middle of the big bed and lay down on the left side of the bed.

Lei Tie stood still for a short period before shaking his head. He took out new nightclothes from the wardrobe to put on his wife but was robbed of that.

Lei Tie self-consciously lay on the right side of the bed. As he recollected the pleasant feeling of his wife's new address for him, his eyes involuntarily fell on his wife's face, making someplace on his body restless again.

Qin Mian unintentionally saw it. He lifted his leg to kick Lei Tie, but his foot was caught by Lei Tie's big hand, who then pinched it gently. Feeling tickled, he shrunk away.

"Wife, stop making trouble. Sleep."

Qin Mian used the back of his head to face the man and unknowingly entered dreamland.

Lei Tie patted the two little ones until they fell asleep and he took them back to the crib. He lay behind his wife and took the person into his arms, which only then he felt at ease. Contented, he closed his eyes.

It was unknown whether Qin Mian was aware of it, but the corners of his mouth curled up.

A few days later, in the early morning, the deafening sound of firecrackers woke up the small village. The sound of firecrackers lasted for half an hour. After stopping for about two breaths, it sounded again and mixed with the percussion sound of gongs, unceasing for a long time.

Lei Xiangzhi passed!

He obtained Yayuan in the provincial examination, in other words, the second place.

The whole village was sensational. In private, the villagers said that Lei Daqiang and Du Shi had prayed to the Buddha a lot in their previous lives. Lei Xiangzhi had become the only Lord Juren in Green Mountain Village. Based on the current situation, he was very likely to get good results in the conference and palace examinations. At the thought of Lei Xiangzhi being able to obtain a Tanhua, Banyan, or Zhuangyuan in the future, the villagers could not contain their excitement. If outsiders were so excited, those in the old house were more so.

Three days later, Qin Mian and Lei Tie asked Uncle Fu to send Lei Xiangzhi six books and a red envelope with 10 silver taels in it – they did not attend the banquet.

The conference examination was also held every three years. This one would be held in the 4th lunar month two years later, also known as the spring examination. Lei Xiangzhi still had plenty of time to prepare.

After the excitement, Green Mountain Village ushered into the busy golden autumn season in the 10th lunar month.

When the servants brought back the harvested soybeans, Qin Mian inadvertently remembered the fermented tofu he had made before and forgotten. He quickly told Lei Tie to take the jar out and open it.

After two years of fermentation, the fermented tofu was still in a neat shape. It was bright red in color and smooth in texture, and had a slightly smelly aroma but tasted soft and delicious. Its spiciness satisfied a craving.

With only a piece of fermented tofu, Qin Mian ate three bowls of rice. His stomach was full but he wanted to eat it again. Lei Tie also liked the spicy flavor no less than his wife.