Chapter 124: Making Money in Winter

When Lei Daqiang finished, Li Zheng wrote down what he said on the document and read it again. No one objected. Li Zheng, Lei Daqiang, Lei Xiangren, Lei Xiangyi, Lei Xiangli, and Lei Xiangzhi all pressed their thumbprints, and each kept a copy.

Lei Xiangzhi did what he said; he gave a 100-tael banknote to Lei Xiangren.

Both Lei Daqiang and Du Shi cast covetous eyes at the banknote.

Lei Xiangren could read a few big [Chinese] characters, but he still gave it to Li Zheng for confirmation before he was relieved and put it into his clothes. He and Zhao Shi looked at each other with a grin and held their heads high while looking at people with their noses turned skyward, showing a totally changed attitude.

When Li Zheng got up to leave, Qin Mian and Lei Tie took the opportunity to leave with Li Zheng.

Lei Xiangren spoke without delay, "Father, Mother. Little Mother will give birth in a few months and Third Brother's wife is also pregnant; it's too crowded to live together. I'm going to buy a homesite right now. I'll strive to complete the house before the New Year and move out."

Lei Daqiang looked at him for a long time before he nodded.

Lei Xiangyi said in a low voice, "Father, Mother. I'll also move out as soon as possible."

Lei Daqiang frowned, "Moving out to where?"

Lei Xiangyi smiled, "Many thanks for Father's concern. I'm going to build two mud-brick rooms first, and the rest will have to wait until I save more money."

All in all, Lei Xiangyi was his son, so Lei Daqiang still had some concerns. "How can two rooms be enough? Well then, Old Two, lend some money to your third brother so he can build two more rooms."

"Father, don't think that 100 silver taels are a lot. I want to build a house, buy furniture, and send Dabao and Erbao to study. Which one doesn't cost money?" Lei Xiangren gave Lei Xiangyi an idea, "Third Brother, you'd better go to Eldest Brother's house to borrow money. Eldest Brother and Eldest Sister-in-law don't lack money."

"Yeah," Zhao Shi chimed in.

Lei Xiangyi shook his head and said, "No need. I've decided to build two mud-brick rooms first."

Qian Shi didn't interrupt. Qin Mian and Lei Tie had lent 10 silver taels to them, and she would not disclose it.

After Qin Mian and Lei Tie went home, they continued to make dumplings. The dumpling filling was made of groundweed, lean meat, and deep-fried dough sticks – flavorful and delicious. After eating, they came into the space.

The brown bear was still recuperating in the space. Its injury was almost good. It had fun playing with White Spot in the space.

Lei Tie thought that Qin Mian wanted to go and see the brown bear first, but contrarily, he went straight to the flower bed and reached out his hands to gently stroke the balls.

The two pink balls had completely split and looked plump and lovely. When Qin Mian and Lei Tie touched them, their colors immediately became vivid – very fascinating.

Qin Mian couldn't tell what he felt now. The two pink balls seemed to be connected with his heart. Even outside the space, he could also feel their ''emotions''.

Lei Tie scooped a ladle of spiritual spring water and handed it to Qin Mian. He stared thoughtfully at the two pink balls for a moment and turned his head to look at Qin Mian.

The man's stare gave Qin Mian the creeps, "What are you looking at?"

"You."