Chapter 167: Two Imperial Edicts

"This inferior one pays respect to Grand General Lei! Hope that Grand General Lei have been well since we last met?"

The villagers were stunned and looked at Lei Tie with eyes filled with suspicion. Their first reaction was: could it be a wrong person? However, seeing that Lei Xiangzhi didn't refute the middle-aged man's words, everyone understood right there that Lei Tie was truly a Grand General. At once, their eyes were full of shock and awe.

Yuanyuan and Manman looked over curiously. Without batting an eyelid, Qin Mian walked over and took them aside. He hid behind the crowd and looked at Lei Tie. His eyes glazed with worry and vigilance. Why does the eunuch next to the Emperor suddenly come to Green Mountain Village to see A-Tie?

He turned to Lei Xiangzhi with an inquiring look and Lei Xiangzhi slightly nodded to him. He breathed a sigh of relief – it was good as long as it was not bad news.

Li Zheng's lips trembled and lost his voice for a moment. The news that Lei Tie was –to everyone's surprise– a Grand General was too shocking.

Lei Tie turned away from the eunuch's salute and lightly said, "Eunuch Li doesn't need to be courteous. I'm not a Grand General anymore."

Yuanyuan looked at Qin Mian with his eyes shining and asked in a low voice, "Dad, is Old Dad a Grand General?"

Manman's eyes were also shining.

Qin Mian nodded. When the two little boys learned that their Old Dad was once a Grand General, they would certainly idolize him even more.

The two little boys' eyes shone even brighter. Nonetheless, they were very clever. Knowing that things were not simple, they stood quietly beside Qin Mian and did not speak again.

"You are, of course, still!" Eunuch Li took out a pair of bright yellow scrolls from his sleeve pocket and held them out respectfully and carefully with both hands. "Grand General Lei, His Majesty asked this inferior one to pass the Imperial Edicts."

Where had all the villagers ever seen this kind of posture? When they heard the words "His Majesty", they were so scared they kneeled on the ground.

Qin Mian's mind wandered a little as he thought: when one accepts the imperial edict, one has to set up an incense table. This kneeling is useless.

Lei Tie nodded his head without expression and gestured to them to follow him.

Eunuch Li was not surprised by his cold reaction, as if he had been used to it. Without a change of expression nor did he mount the horse, he followed with the imperial edicts in his hands.

Lei Xiangzhi and the soldiers who followed them all dismounted and walked behind.

Lei Tie gave a meaningful glance at Qin Mian.

Qin Mian made a "silent" gesture to Yuanyuan and Manman, picked them up with both hands, mingled with the villagers, and slipped away when people didn't pay attention.

The villagers also stopped working and followed.

Li Zheng was a little worried. He quietly moved closer to Lei Xiangzhi and asked in a low voice, "Xiangzhi boy, what's happening? It's not anything bad, is it?"

Lei Xiangzhi whispered, "Li Zheng doesn't have to worry. It's a good thing."

Li Zheng took a long breath; his heart was still beating fast. Their Green Mountain Village was amazing. They had Lei Xiangzhi, an official in the Capital, Qin Mian, a powerful businessman, and now a Great General.

Following Lei Tie down the mountain, Eunuch Li had a panoramic view of the beautiful village and was filled with admiration. When he entered the village, he looked at the roadside flowers and fruit trees and smelled the fragrance of flowers. His expression of admiration showed not only in words but also on his face.