Chapter 73

The birds are cooing, and the shutter pain squeaks softly under the rattling knocks incessantly driving sleep away from you as a steady rise of irritation bubbles up your throat in the form of an aggravated moan. Pulling your covers over your ear as you try to nuzzle deeper into your plump feathered pillow still the thumps get harsher, and you're far too tired to care if your door breaks in two at this point.

Firstly, you only wish to sleep longer than the night before it so cruelly stripped away that luxury and secondly but most importantly you know the bastard who is fervently knocking down your door. It's not difficult to decipher his knocks from anyone else's, Gojo makes it difficult to try too at least be normal for one second when it's completely impossible for him. Why be normal when he can be the unique specimen that makes him that a tad bit more special.

The incessant knocking abruptly stops but that only worsens your chances in lengthening your dreams than just a few miles of tossing and turning when the floorboards to your entrance creak ominously. The heavy thuds of his expensive loafers hitting the floor as he shamelessly waltzes into your apartment as if he owns the place.

He hasn't even removed his fucking shoes.

"Chop chop, time is of the essence." Clapping loudly, Gojo chortles.

The smacking of his palms abruptly stops as well when you feel his immediate presence tickle the hairs on the back of your neck and an instant pit of fear rumbles within your gut. It's that feeling of knowing that a jump scare is about to happen and rather than turning away and not look you brace for it anyway and scare yourself even more.

It's like that but on a creepier scale, turning around to face the wall trying desperately to cling onto the wonderland that is the safety of your sleep than deal with the nightmare that is day. But his breath tickles your cheek, your nose twitching until your eyes flutter open and the startling presence of his bright blue eyes masked behind his dark shades shudders you into the land of the living.

"Good morning, sunshine." He teases.

"Fuck go away." You curse.

Stretching and contorting as you figure that you might as well wake up now, the clock reading that it's just past eight o'clock in the morning. It's a fucking Monday morning and he has the audacity of waking you up before office hours, this better be good.

"Gah, what nasty language you have, Y/n-chan. I thought you loved me." Gojo whines pulling back a tad before he leans down to peck your cheek.

"Not right now." You yawn.

Swatting him away as you continue to stretch still within your bed making no movement with getting out, yet Gojo still acts like a wounded animal despite sporting his usual giddiness whenever he interacts with you.

"So, hurtful and here I thought about taking you out to Sendai for breakfast, but I guess not."

Blinking several times before turning to face him with your prettiest smile that already has him melting back into the palm of your hand as he wanders back around the room before squatting an arm's length away. Cupping his cheeks, you lean in and kiss him not caring for morning breath. The fact that you just woke up and most likely look like an extra from The Walking Dead than whatever bullshit dramas like to fool everyone into believing that you wake up looking like a model. He's already seen you at your worst and he still wants you so this much is a sight he'll just have to learn to get used to.

"Nooo, I'm getting up, I'm getting up." Yawning the tiredness away and rubbing the eye dust deeply into your sockets until you can fully blink awake.

He helps you rise to your feet despite how wobbly your legs feel nor how intoxicating he smells that lulls almost you back into dreamland with how he supports you close to his front.