Chapter 60

It's strange letting the demons in, they rot your brain and you let them fester as the feeling of pain is something you can't live without. Now that pain dissolves into confusion, like how mechanisms of a clock work and time somehow abides by those little metal cogs rules. Or is it that time is so vast and inconsequentially unfathomable to the human perception that believing that this benign primitive object breaks down one law of science into something simple. But there's nothing simple about Gojo, this situation is beyond all your means of recognition, everything you've believed to be possible have flown out the window the moment you flew with him.

Flying is something every human can account to for being jealous of what birds and some mammals can simply accomplish by a matter of a few flaps and yet you never thought your childish dream would fester into anything more than that. The dream to fly and see the sky like they do, to soar through the clouds, to glide upon a thermal updraft and cruise amongst the stars was something only man could tinker with. Planes, aircrafts and sometimes paragliding allowed them a glimmer of what so many animals could simply achieve. But he made it look so easy like the snap of his fingers you figure time would simply cease and that his powers are far beyond what you could ever conceive.

Is this real?

Is this really happening?

The boiling water shakes from the spout as trails of scalding droplets splashes the little corner of the lino-countertops as almost half of the contents rose to the back to the rims of the mugs. Thundering still your heart charges between your breast chained behind your ribs as you caught glimpses of yourself in the small rectangular mirror hanging before you. Terror still seeps through your pores like how eyes of a picture can tell a thousand words that the mirror image of yourself ghosts and fades from the man swarming behind you.

His large steady fingers tickle your nerves as they came around from behind you, you barely felt his ever-encapsulating presence as his chest mere centimetres apart from your spine. But his breath rose out hot and sombrely took a hold of your own steadying your rhythm whilst your trembling fingertips chipped at the ceramic. He smothers them in his large hold that they look dainty and small as a child's in the hands of their father. They come up and around scooping what little leverage you offer him to take the handle to the kettle and the adorning handles to the mugs. He takes them from you whilst his other hand swaddles your palm in deep warmth flourishing from the riches; you hear the way his lip's part readying to soothe you back into his words.

"Go sit, I'll finish this off." the voice that follows was that of tender and gentle kindness that an ache sores into your chest.

Nodding slowly Gojo only manages to restrain the urge of sweeping you into his arms and embracing you to his chest as all he gives is a breath of distance for you to slink away to your Kohatsu table. Whilst your balcony door shutters are open and the breathless wind dances upon your exposed forearms the unnerving wake of his presence makes the hairs bristle to a stand. The air within the room calms unlike the racing beats pumping within you, unable to help the way your eyes snake up his rear. The way his broad shoulders flex underneath the sheer shirt or the way those veins prickle his arms you can't seem to take your eyes off him.

Fixated you don't shy away once he turns and neither does he, offering a gentle smile as he sets down the mugs of tea settling before you. Quiet is brief and as calming drips in the heat of the mug shrouds your fingertips only the cawing of the outside bursts the bubble. He opens and closes his mouth several times before uttering finally.

"Pah, this isn't as easy as the others were." confusion strikes you first and then doubt and betrayal.

So, you aren't the first woman he's told or shown for that matter and whilst it's neither of your concern if they were as close to him as you are – well were. The pang of pain still resonates within you all the same, Gojo flags his palm up quickly retrieving his thoughts and inquiring your own further.