Chapter 39

Crossing your arms when the chill of the aircon raises the hairs upon your exposed arms, inside the large exhibition hall where the once blank walls now begin to flourish in an array of different colours and themes. Everyone bustling around carrying their canvases safely stocked in their cardboard sheets, carry-ons and even some overshadowing technicians.

Those graphic design students really do be pulling out all the stops to outshine themselves in the show. It's also that once in a lifetime opportunity that will soon become your day-to-day life at being able to finally sell something. It's why mostly anyone becomes an artist, to make, create and sell either for non-profit or like this show for profit. You were ecstatic to find out this show also has that perk, the first time for many people in your year. It was on the student module listing when you chose exhibition art but to put it into practice is something out of this world.

Nerve wracking is more the words for it.

Morgan drills by following panicked technicians whilst holding a stack load of cardboard boxes, they tumble and thud with every hurried step. Rushing along towards her, making sure to sidestep her as you leap past her anchoring your hands onto her shoulder as they dip downwards from the added force of gravity. Her shocked face spreads into a wide smile when she looks up finding your own grinning mirth.

"Do you want to go for some drinks later, to commemorate this fine occasion?" Gesturing to all that is happening around you both, Morgan wheezes with a laugh.

Looking down to the box in question that was thudding and jiggling with as much fury as a disgruntled toddler. Disappointed to only find photograph reels and some hardware that the technicians divvy in losing his hands in the process. Morgan ignores it with a simmering deep hum, but you caught the way her jaw tightened with grit and turned to look towards Mizono Sarah organising together her piece.

"That girl needs a break." You turn to her gaze finding the girl standing with a hunch, jutting out her elbow upon her hip and sighing as she wipes off the sweat from her brow.

Everyone is as busy as bees but for someone like Sarah, small, petite in every sense and introverted this whole event is like chaos walking for her but despite all that she's working on social overtime to get this all done. You have your respect for the girl, a walking, standing example of someone aspiring to do things she doesn't want to, to get where she wants to be in the future.

"Bring her along." You say with furrowed brows only imagining the stress she is under, after the sports festival you haven't really been in contact with her as much.

At lunch you'll ask what she's been up to.

The soft slurping sounds made by the rough suction of the clear plastic straws from the boba drink that Sarah quickly gulps from in earnest of a thirsty child, screams just a decibel higher than the sociably accepted loudness. Your eyes flicker up occasionally, checking in on her as Morgan groans into her Danish pastry. Currently sat in the only free cafés on campus, away from the bustling life currently stirring up chaos on campus.

Watching as the frothy delight of your own hot beverage mounted a top bubble after bubbles unable to burst away back into the creamy brown liquid. Other students exhausted from the labourer's day of work nothing like the work given in at the sports festival, today's stress could lead to catastrophic changes in your future careers for starters.

"Is anyone else excited about the thought of not only having our work exhibited but also being sold?" Sarah but only mutters out a soft squeal from her sudden burst of unadulterated excitement.

Her cheeks swell with the rosy awe as she scrunches up, shoulders meeting her ears; both you and Morgan sputter for words when she jolts from the table, sparking everyone in the room to look your way. Jumping from her seat, arms outstretched gathering more attention than anyone asked for, yet here she is, the superstar owning her shit.

fuck buddies don't act like this (Gojo x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें