Isolated

Darkness was something she was used to now.

Staring out the window, Rose let out a quiet sigh.

Time passed by like trickling sand in her palace. How long had it been since she came here, made her home? The crystal cold palace was breathtaking, she knew. Even if she never stepped out, she always felt pride when she thought about how she made this place, the day she let loose from all those constraints! The sheer liberation she felt that day. The pure exhilaration as the ice she had learnt to fear for ages overtook her, yet there was no terror. No, it was freedom. She had shattered the chains holding her back from being HER.

Down the mountain, she was dangerous. Down the mountain, everyone was in danger.

Down the mountain... Mao Mao could die if he hung around her.

Plus! She really enjoyed using her powers. With no more constraints, she could do whatever she wanted. Experiment, see how she could develop her powers.

Still... Some days, she found herself looking at the door. Some days, she found herself looking at the door knob.

Her hands reached out-

Mao Mao, Mao Mao, Mao Mao, NO! DON'T DIE! PLEASE DON'T DIE!

STUPID POWERS! SHE COULDN'T LOSE MAO MAO! P-Please...

She flinched, retracting herself. No. She was better off here. Going down the mountain would just endanger everyone again. She had been stupid enough to go out, to let people in before. She would not make the same mistake again.

Time dragged on. She learnt how to use her powers for more... Practical things. Hunting for food, it wasn't easy, but Rose managed. She cooked. The first few times, it was pretty bad. She had some of her snowmen steal some utensils for her, and it had to be done in a nearby cave to avoid the melting ice. The first few times, the snowmen had to run down to find more because the tools got burned or frozen. It depended.

But soon, she managed to get the hang of it. She could also play with the little snowmen when she was bored. When she got sick she ended up making new friends, which only made the castle more lively.

Still, for everything that decorated this huge castle, what Rose wanted was different. She yearned the outside world. She wanted to interact with people again.

(Some nights, tears stained the stolen pillow. Rose could only scream into the soft fluff. The memories were too much... Make them stop! Make them stop!)

The snowmen were cute, making their own civilization, but they... They couldn't fill the void in her heart.

All she had wanted was a free life, but her powers... Her powers would never let her be. They were both a blessing and curse. A blessing that she could do all this.

But a curse, that she could never truly have the happiness she wanted.

Fangirl_332 I know it's short, and I'm sorry, but this is all I can think up ;-;. I hope you enjoy this at least.