Curse Countdown, Part Three

Part Three: Her Apogee 

She knew she couldn't give up, but...

"Ahahahahah! What tomfoolery! THIS is the feared Noche?!" Snugglemagne cackled while cutting her arm once more, making her hiss in pain as the wound spat out blood. 

She couldn't make herself use her blade to hurt him. Under a spell or not, this was still her Snuggleheart, the love of her life. She couldn't... She wouldn't use her sword. 

Sadly, this meant she was vulnerable emotionally, and boy did he take advantage of that, "Did you think that I loved you? Well, here's the truth, I never loved you! Who would love the villain who tortured them!? No one, no one I tell you! I never did and I never will! You had put me into a spell hadn't you?" 

"I-I..." she gasped. Hesitation, doubt began creeping into her mind. HAD she used her eyes to make him fall in love with her? Had she... 

"Timber would be tossing and turning in his grave if he could see you now!" he crowed, swinging his sword at her and getting a slightly deep wound in.

She collapsed on the ground, heavy breathing loud and clear as tears escaped her eyes. 

He... was right...

Timber... her sweet brother who wouldn't hurt a fly... What would he think of her now? A villainess? One feared by everyone? Following in her parents' footsteps, the ones that caused their and Timber's deaths in the first place. 

She...

She was a hypocrite, wasn't she? 

Her breathing was shallow, no longer able to calm her down as Snugglemagne's words came in seemingly endless waves. 

Please stop. It hurt too much. 

Her sword, Moonlight Noir, glowed ominously. It could sense the discord in her heart, and it was ecstatic. Ever since she met this lion, she had been using it less and less, her ties to the sword growing weaker and weaker. But now, it had a chance to strike her right where it hurt! 

It was going to have fun with that... Its curse was now triggered. Her heart was slowly losing the battle of light vs darkness because of the words her husband was spouting out. 

It had never liked the cream-furred lion but he had done something right for once. 

Now it could consume her heart and take her life! MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAH! 

very short again, really, but I do hope you like it!