Curse Countdown, Part One

Part One: Under its Control

The first thing Snugglemagne felt when he opened his eyes was... fear. At the unfamiliar place, him being tied to a chair, and the group of villains that seemed to be discussing something nearby. 

He couldn't help but panic. He had remembered turning in for the night after his wife had told him that she was going to be working overtime, but other than that, he grasped thin air. He couldn't fathom for the life of him how he had gotten here. 

"Pst, hey, boss, the lion's awake," one of them suddenly said as he turned around to see the lion looking around in panic. 

"Ah, I see," the alligator got up and walked over, a smirk on his face, deliberate footsteps sending new waves of sweat down Snugglemagne's neck. 

"W-Who are you, fiend!?" he demanded angrily. 

"I am but a humble villain who is searching to take down the legendary villainess herself for the sake of the oppressed," he answered. 

Here, Snugglemagne scoffed. Take down his Moonflower for the sake of the oppressed? What a laughable idea! Stupidity was clearly this foul creature's strong suit! "I have no clue where you got that idiotic idea, but clearly you are not in the right here. My Moonflower is kind. Not that your little brain could ever hope to comprehend that!" 

"Excuse me!? The boss isn't like your wife!" one of the henchmen snarled. 

He scoffed, "Obviously if you thought my Moonflower would come running here for me and lose, you're wrong. She will fight her way to win and rescue me." 

"That was never our objective," the alligator said while he gestured for a snake henchman to unveil the object behind a dull grey curtain that he had only noticed. How-

Wait, that was-! 

It stood magnificently, golden and just oozing magical aura. The keyboards nearly blinded his eyes due to how bright it was, and the entire thing just spoke of immense power. 

He recognised it from drawings and sketches Night had shown him, "This is...!" 

"Indeed, it is the legendary Siren Harpsichord," the alligator smugly said. "We were thinking that fighting her PHYSICALLY was impossible, but what about fighting her EMOTIONALLY, through her husband?" 

Snugglemagne felt fear creep up once more up his throat. Legend said that this harpsichord could make anyone do a single task, before going dormant for 10 years. How had these ruffians found it!? And what did they plan on making him do with it!? 

"Don't worry, it'll feel like a dream... One you will never wake up from. MUAAHAHAHHHAHHA!" the alligator laughed as he walked to the harpsichord and began playing a soothing melody. 

Snugglemagne couldn't do anything, his hands were tied to the chair. He was forced to listen to the music. 

You need to focus on protecting Moonflower- the music was too strong he couldn't it hurt it hurt it hurt-

Then it didn't. 

"What is your objective, Snugglemagne the 25th?" the alligator asked him. 

His eyes glowed purple now as he smirked, saying, "I will hurt Night Wolfessa until she can walk no longer." 

"Good.... good," the villain laughed before the snake said, "Should we keep him tied up boss?" 

"Yes, if we want Noche to think nothing bad happened to him, we must keep up an act," the alligator said. "Send a letter to her in order to lure her here to retrieve her husband, and then the real plan begins!"

The rest of the villains snickered with Snugglemagne, purple orbs now set on taking down the person he loved so much. 

Alright! A bit short, but it should be enough! I hope you like it! 

Happy birthday, Venu-neevenusaura