Curse Countdown, Part Two

Part Two: No

Part Two: No....

She should have seen it coming a mile away, but Night had been too scared, too worried for her Snuggleheart. In her fear, she had forgotten, unfocused as she was, to NEVER take anything at face value. It had been too easy....

Coughing out blood, the villainess looked up at her beloved, his eyes glowing eeriely purple as he hummed some weird song, holding the sword in one hand as he sang, "Why so scared, Night?~"

She backed away, ignoring the blatant pain rushing up her legs due to the injuries she had sustained from the "training". She had to do something.

How had it come to this?...

She remembered how she had found him knocked out in the villains' long-abandoned lair (idiot the signs were there). He had acted normal, so the foolish lovesick wife she was, she had accepted it.

Then when they got to the palace to get him treated, although he only had a few scrapes (no no no another sign), he had suddenly asked for a duel. How idiotic she had been to simply believe it was due to wanting to protect himself.

The duel was... Brutal. The pain, the betrayal stung hard when he nearly stabbed her at the neck, and proceeded to aim for her legs. Night hadn't expected the sudden shift in focus, she had gotten hurt as a result.

What a pathetic idiot. Her snake spy had told her, warned her that the group of villains who had taken him wanted personal revenge, and knew how outmatched they were. She should have detected it.

"No....."

How could she have been so blind to the signs? She was a fool for not being there when he was kidnapped. She shouldn't have worked overtime and told him to go to bed.

All for that stupid harpsichord, really! What a "wife" she was, indeed! Played like a fiddle by those who sought revenge.

But... so was her husband, and it was not his fault, she suddenly realised

She growled, sky blue eyes filled with rage as they suddenly met those of Snuggleh- no, this creature that was posing as her husband.

"I will not let you win, you pathetic villains," She hissed. "I swear I will find a way to bring him back to normal. You want to play this game? Well, two can play at it. I will win and make you regret all that you've done to him. So get ready, because I am coming for YOU, and you will be sorry that you ever thought of this crazy plan!!!! I WILL SAVE SNUGGLEHEART, JUST YOU WAIT!!"

A swear she made, as solemn as the one she had made to herself following Timber's death. No one was going to take her loved ones away from her. No more precious lives would be lost because of the grey lines of heroics and villainy.

She had someone to protect now, so no matter how painful it would be... She would endure it and make it through.

For her husband, she told herself. For the kind gentleman who saved her that day, who hadn't cared about her villainess status, who she had fallen in love with due to his wonderful, amazing heart hidden behind cowardice.

Snugglemagne the 25th was coming back to her. No compromises would do.

Even if she had to sacrifice herself to save him.

It's very short actually since I only filled it in as soon as I could, but I hope it is good enough for this part! Feel free to tell me to cut off Night being determined to save Snugglemagne, though. venusaura