A Sinful Reminder, Part Four: Hard Decision, Consequences Faced

"What's up?" Eos asked as they yawned, rubbing their eyes to stay awake. Ryubo was no better, at least. The amount of bags under their eyes was prominent, having stayed up for a good portion of the night before switching with Kiyoshiro and Blues in the morning due to being the oldest of their respective groups, but they had been awoken because of a... certain situation.

"Well..." Kiyoshiro twiddled his fingers. "We have... another problem. Mei... she just texted me that she had just arrived back in Japan." 

"... Pardon me?" Hiro nearly dropped his tablet, which he had been using to do his math homework with Blues assisting. Gammamon actually caught it since his brother was now in a frozen mode, eyes wide as his mind began to register this. Once this was done, his mind spat out various what-if scenarios. What if Mei found out they had lied?! What if she got so mad at them that she cut off contact with them? Oh, the endless possibilities were enough to make him unable to respond to outside stimuli. 

"W-What?!" Ruri was so pale. Oh no oh no oh no!!!!!! They were done for!  They were going to be killed! Mei was going to ban them from seeing the kids! She was going to cut off contact with them! She would hate them until they were old!!! NO!!! HOW WOULD ANGORAMON FARE!? 

"I-Integer overload...." Kiyoshiro fainted on the spot, his mind having loaded way too many worst-case scenarios. They were all dead. Mei was going to murder them and hide their bodies!!!

"Oh no...." Eos rubbed their temple as Pumpmon and Gammamon patted the frozen Angoramon's back, while Jellymon was trying to zap Kiyoshiro awake. Meanwhile, Bokomon was being comforted by Oujiaoaomon, ironically. "We're in a lot of trouble. We need to hurry this up then. We just have to fix up her base code, don't we?" 

"Yeah, but that's not going to be easy," Blues said, eyes burning with rage as he continued, his voice rising with frustration, "Have you seen the amount of damage Tsukumo did to her code by reactivating Malicemon's code?! Even after all the work we did to ensure otherwise!" 

Everyone looked away, flinching since they knew how right he was. Days, no weeks of hard work undone simply by the disgusting actions of a pride-ridden human...

"Sis, please, stay strong," Amoramon was watching her sister with fear and pain in her eyes. She had caused this pain to her... She had claimed to be against the Day of Unity, but... She had caused it with her actions. 

Oujiaoaomon had her eyes closed as she shed some tears. She had... Why had she forced Ryubo to end it all? If she hadn't... if she had been kinder... 

She rubbed Amoramon's back as the other cried on her, with Culumon X joining in while the others watched Shiramon sleep inside the cage. She hadn't done anything but sleep even after they fixed up most of her code. What were they doing wrong? How had they messed up!? They had even followed HIS notes to the T. Despite how much they hated HIM, HE was a brilliant scientist. With HIS notes, they had managed to fix most of it. Even then, she wasn't waking up. Why? WHY-

Hold on...

".... Hey, Blues, can you check which parts still need fixing?" Hiro asked, a bad feeling creeping into his mind. Something about those notes bothered him. 

"Hm? Sure," Blues nodded as he ran a diagnostics program on the body, but after he saw the results, he nearly spat out his coffee. 

Everyone was pale once more. They hadn't noticed the small 0 that shifted into 1 every so often, yet when zoomed in, they saw a huge hole. One that formed an all-too-familiar symbol. 

"The... Wrath Sin Code... We... We need to reactivate it," Kiyoshiro whispered into the deafening silence. 

".... No. No... NO..." Angoramon refused.