Two Sides of the Same Coin, Part Two

Fang had always idealized popularity. It was something his brother always got because of his smarts, his talents, all the things he could do compared to normal people. He had thought that once he finally got it, it would mean he meant something.

But he had taken it too far in his rivalry with Boboiboy. 

"You don't know what it feels like to have to struggle! You're already so popular, so how could you possibly know what it feels like?!" he had said. Normally he didn't word it that way, but the argument this time had been that bad, and Fang immediately regretted it when he saw the hurt that flashed in the other's eyes before being replaced with cold ice. 

Now Fang was understanding how the other could have an Earth Elemental at the beginning. He had walls all around him. Hiding secrets, lying to them, pretending like there were no cracks all around him.

Perfect on the outside, broken on the inside.

And Fang... Fang understood. He had watched Kaizo for years, he had seen those moments when the perfect mask slipped and he fell into a depression, trying to live up to expectations too much for someone so young since the beginning. He knew that Kaizo could only move forward because of those times when he had just... Let go. Lahap had become his confidant ever since meeting his superior, but Fang knew he could see the mask crack when they were alone at rare times.

Boboiboy was different though. He had had no one. Alone for years. It hurt Fang a lot knowing that this person who had given up so much, even his own childhood, to protect others, had never had a childhood to begin with.

It was why he was on his Shadow Eagle soaring through the skies, looking far and wide for the orange-capped male.

He had gone too far and Fang knew it. He had touched a tender wound that still stung when bothered.

He didn't tell anyone about his own past but maybe... He could to Boboiboy. Maybe he could make up for all the pain and suffering he had caused.

Hopefully it wasn't too late to fix it, he thought as he finally spotted Boboiboy at the beach, landing on the ground before walking over while calling out, "Hey, Boboiboy?"

Time to make amends.

Part two is done!! Hope you like it simplii_official