Experiment, Chapter Three: Darkness has Arrived *Snugglemagne*

"I must inquire, who are you?" Snugglemagne frowned at the hooded figure as he tried to shield Night from this... this bad person, whose aura rubbed him the wrong way.

"My name is unneeded. All you need to know is that I'm back for N0CH3," they said simply. "You've destroyed all the work I've done, so now I need to do more work. Once I take it back, I'll make you pay for interfering with my experiment."

"Excuse me?!" he frowned as his anger exploded. "You were the one doing inhumane things on her!  How dare you think that you have any right to demand this wonderful person back to hurt her again!"

"N-No fight, please!" Night begged, grabbing his hand out of fear. "Name is... Darkness... Scary.... She hit when mad. No want you hurt." 

His eyes widened, his anger being fueled at that and washing his own initial trepidation about this matter, "I'm sorry, but I must step up right now. I cannot let her take you back there. You have never been in a condition to be treated that way, nor did you ever deserve such treatment! Guards! Take down this creature! She is not to come close to us!" 

"Tch, you're such a pest!" Darkness growled, summoning black wisps of energy as she yelled, "Reaper Twister!" 

A dark purple twister then sucked his elite guard force up, and once it receded he noticed them all on the ground, moaning and groaning.

"This is a waste of time. I will not have you interfere! Shadow Binds!" 

He didn't know what had happened, but the next thing he knew, Night was tied up by magical ropes and being dragged to Darkness. 

"No!" he rushed over, and grabbed those ropes to try to loosen them. Frantically, without a clear plan in mind. He couldn't let Darkness have Night! Not his beloved! Not the person he had fallen for. He wasn't about to let this crazy scientist have her way! 

"Stop trying to save it, coward!" Darkness snarled. "It's mine-" 

"STOP CALLING HER IT, YOU MONSTER!" he yelled. "Night is NOT an object, an experiment or a weapon! She is her own self, and nothing you can do or say will convince me otherwise! She is a wonderful person! She is kind, and while she's not like others, I respect her for that and love her for being different! SO STOP TRYING TO MAKE HER YOUR SERVANT!" 

Night's eyes widened, as a memory revealed itself, of a young wolf that was vaguely recalled as Timber....

"Grrrr.... YOU ASKED FOR IT! DARKNESS BLAST!" the figure summoned an attack and sent it his way, revealing the long hair underneath her hood and the burning embers she owned in her eyes while she watched it soar towards him. 

He didn't hesitate to step in front of Night, and turned back to her, smiling as he said, "You are safe now. As long as I stand, you will not be hurt!" 

Darkness scoffed, "You're no hero, so stop acting like one when you're about to die!"

"As long as I die protecting a lady, it's a death I am willing to get by," he simply answered, and for Night, a memory of Timber dying in her embrace had her seeing Snugglemagne as... as the brother she couldn't protect. 

The attack grew closer and closer. Snugglemagne covered his eyes, receiving it gladly in exchange for Night's safety. 

"NO!"

What he didn't expect was a body to push him out of the way, saving both of them from her blast, and neither was he to expect the person who had saved him. 

"M-Moonflower...?" he gasped. 

venusaura Alright, it's a bit longer than the other, so that's great! But what do you think of it?