Experiment, Chapter Four: I'm Not Your Servant *Snugglemagne*

"S-Snuggleberry," Night gasped, a relieved look on her face. 

Snugglemagne's eyes widened, "M-Moonflower?" 

This was the first time she had called him by any nickname. She had been very reserved when it came to words, possibly as a result of the abuse Darkness had put her through by experimenting on her. Maybe she had been conditioned into silence due to all that pain, all that suffering. 

But the fact that she had spoken, with a nickname to add to it, warmed his heart very much.

It meant he had made it through. Brought her back to who she was before, even if it was a slight portion. It meant the love of his life, the person he had fallen in love with since he saw her beauty, was ready to move forward and face this monster.

He smiled, "Moonflower..." 

She nodded, a determined look on her face as she said, "We fight?" 

"Indeed, let us go," he said while getting a sword from one of his guards. "We shall take her down together!" 

Night grinned, and the two got into battle stances as Darkness scoffed, "Pathetic. A cowardly lion against the Great Darkness? I WILL submerge this world into darkness, and there is nothing you can do to stop me!" 

"We shall see about that!" Snugglemagne scowled before the two lunged at the same time, rushing at her from opposite directions with their weapons at the ready. Darkness barely managed to dodge, and even then they were fighting in tandem. A waltz of claws and swords. When she wasn't avoiding the swings and parries of Snugglemagne, she was dodging the sharp swipes of Night's claws. It was like the two knew each other's moves. 

And indeed they did. Snugglemagne did train in sword fighting after he met Night, wanting to protect her, and Night often dueled with the captain of his elite guard. They had watched the other grow in their fighting style, so they knew how the other worked. Not only that, but they could also cover weak spots flawlessly. 

A perfect tag team. 

Darkness was angry and she hated that she couldn't win this fight. They were obviously winning, but how? A weak lion and N0CH3 seemed to be completely synced. How!? How were they doing this?! 

She was soon tackled and held at claw point as Snugglemagne said, "You have lost, Darkness." 

Night growled angrily, a warning gaze clear in her eyes. She wasn't playing around, and it showed. 

"How... How did you turn everything against me?" Darkness hissed. "How did everything go so wrong from you, you cowardly lion?"

"It is simple, really," Snugglemagne placed his hand on Night's shoulder, a determined look in his eyes, and said, "Love can heal trauma, bit by bit. Love can guide one out of the tunnel and into the light. You may never understand that, though, Darkness, but I hope you will someday." 

Darkness' eyes widened hearing that, and Night nuzzled his hand, a shy smile on her face as she looked at him with a blush. 

Snugglemagne could only smile gently, thinking, Thank you, Moonflower, for what you've done for me.

Ever since she came into his life, he had grown. His cowardice, his fear, had become a fiery determination to protect the people he cared for, to love, to guide. 

He was no longer that selfish lion who would hide behind everyone. 

He was now a stronger person, and he had a wonderful love, a beautiful moonflower who loved him with all his heart, and he was not about to let her go. 

Never. Not on his life. He was going to protect her to the end. 

Honestly, I pulled a bit of a Tsukasa-Senku thing from Dr Stone, but I hope it's good enough. venusaura