Lost Little Starlight, Part One: Broken Self-control

This is the story... a prologue, of what is to come. How the truth began unfolding... How the Mystic Sun and Lunar Darkness Dragon, Ashes, began her descent... into madness.

Into... Eclipse Dragon, Ashes.

Moon pretty tonight, Ashes thought to herself as she looked up at the sky, resting up after a long training session (She would have to patch up the hole in the wall before she was found out though.). Stars dazzled all around, twinkling as if reflected by the ocean. The moon itself was beautiful, round, full...

She loved this. It helped her clear her mind, helped her avoid... THOSE memories. THOSE dreams...

"LET ME GO!! I... I FAILED HER..."

"You... I WILL RIP YOU APART!"

"AHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHH!!! HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE... DISARMED, FUJIN TAMAMO?"

"Not Mikado Gao anymore. Umbra. Umbra Gao."

"A-Ashes... I-I'm s-sorry..."

"Fall. Fall. Fall. Fall. Eclipse the Sun. YOU ARE THE ECLIPSE TO RUIN IT ALL!"

She shuddered. No, no, focus on pretty stars. Not on scary thoughts.

Walking down the stairs of the Mikado household in Cho-Tokyo, Chibi Panda noticed her and blinked. This was weird. Usually, Ashes was asleep. 

Although... she hadn't been getting enough sleep. The bags under her eyes. Everyone had noticed the sounds of fighting. The HOLE in the wall right now was undeniable. 

Just why had she been training? To get stronger? Why do it alone? 

He wanted to find that out. "Ashes!"

Her head swiveled over, and while she panicked a bit, she calmed herself down and waved. "Chibi!"

"What are you doing up this late? We have to meet up with the others tomorrow, remember?" He asked her. "Especially Jack and Tasuku."

Her eyes lit up at Jack's name. "Jackie!"

Chibi Panda resisted the urge to snort. Only Ashes was allowed to call the Star Dragon World monster that. Anyone else and he would have to be restrained by Tasuku. Oh, did Aniki enjoy torturing him over THAT.

Not that it was a secret anyway. Their new friends from before they moved to America permanently could tell with one glance. The former villains, Kana and Tamamo, saw it a mile away, Yunbae found it adorable, Ayumi just laughed, and Michelle shook her head as she told Jack, "You should just accept you like being called that."

That was one of the many things they said on their final day in Japan, in the winter. Now it was summer break! And while Gao had returned with new friends, he had been looking forward to seeing Tasuku the most. He spent an entire night ranting about how excited he was last night alone! Their first night back, and the man spent it being unaware of how he loved Tasuku!

Seriously, he really wondered how dumb these two had to be in regard to love.

(Chibi would be shocked by how hilariously dumb they were as time passed by. To the point that their own engagement happened because they were drunk.

Ah, the dumb idiots in love, everyone.)

He just chose to pat her head. "Why are you still up?"

"Oh, p-pretty stars!" She lied. 

"And the hole? Gao noticed that your stance was off during training. How long has this been going on, Ashes? Since we got back a week ago...?" Chibi was slowly piecing it together.