✾ᴏɴᴇ sʜᴏᴛ 1✾

𝕴 sighed softly, feeling a strange silence enveloping us all as we all sat around the table for dinner, Mia's famous roast beef as usual. I can hear the cheerful natter from Blossom and Evelyn and Logan's little girl Olive, who was the same age as Blossom and would be the same year as he at Hogwarts. I can hear the chatting between Peter, Evelyn and Logan as they discussed in great detail about the bakery Peter is still working at and how it's one of the best now in England. I can hear Marlene, Mary and Dorcas trying to place bets on the houses of their nieces and goddaughters— Alice and Frank had gone to his parent's house for dinner.

I can hear James, Sirius, Mia and Monty talk animatedly about their first year at Hogwarts with excited glints in their ears, adrenaline rushing through my body when I imagined how I felt walking through the doors for the very first time— the same feeling our twin girls would be feeling today as they entered the castle to fulfil their own memories.

It's loud still, but there's no Regulus to bicker playfully with James about who loves me more or when he's exchanging wicked ideas with Violet. There's no Remus scolding Sirius on anything he could pick up on, especially when James and Sirius tell Hazel in full detail of every single prank we had done and how to do them on Minnie, Regulus and Remus. There's no Harry talking with his dad about quidditch, groaning if we embarrassed him in front of everyone like a true teenager but the small twitch in his lips when we send him loving smiles.

Because that's three of our babies off to Hogwarts, Regulus and Remus at the welcoming feast despite still living at home and travelling to the castle via floo for their lessons.

I looked down to Thomas in my arms, thanking no one in particular he's only six months old and we still have just under eleven years until he goes to Hogwarts, and six for Blossom. They're our younger babies, and by the time they're there, the older ones will nearly be done, and we'll hopefully see them more, I think James and I timed it perfectly.

Speaking of the bespectacled boy- man, he slid his hand on to my thigh as he continued his conversation with his mum and dad, before he turned to me, pressing a loving kiss to my cheek before nuzzling his head at the side of mine, the both of us glancing down to our sleeping baby, love and adoration flooding our veins for him.

"It's quiet isn't it? Well it's never quiet with Padfoot around but it's weird without them" He whispered softly, a hum leaving my lips in agreement, watching him stroke his forefinger delicately over the baby's cheek, "He looks like you but looks like Moony, the Lupin genes are definitely strong with him"

"That's why we called him Romulus as a middle name" I reminded him, a whole hearted smile on his face in remembrance for when we chose the middle name, knowing we wanted something to be relatively intertwined with my twin brother for our last baby, which is why we gave him the middle name. Romulus and Remus go hand in hand.

"No, there's no way they'll split the twins up, it's never happened before. Prewetts, same house, Lupins, same house, Weasleys same house. They won't split up V and Hazey" Mary declared, our heads raising as everyone listened to their conversation,

"They'll break history, Mar, I'm telling you" Marlene shook her head, sipping her wine, Mary glancing over to us,

"Back me up, they'll both be Gryffindors, won't they?"

"I thought Hazey would be a puff" Dorcas piped up with a shrug, Sirius snorting and shaking his head,

"No Hazey's a mini Prongs, she's definitely a Gryffindor. If any baby Potter is a puff, it's little flower over there" He opined, gesturing to Blossom playing with her baby penguin teddy whilst Olive played with her giraffe one, pretending to talk to each other in mumbled nonsense lost on all of us though they seemed to understand each other.