✾ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇs ᴅᴀʏ✾

𝖁alentines day

𝖁alentines day. February 14th. A holiday when lovers express their affection with greetings and gifts. It's the day of love, whether it's between couples, friends or family members. I didn't dislike Valentine's day because that would be a lie, I just didn't love it. Maybe its because I knew I could never be loved in the way others could be, watching couples fawn over each other sending secret valentines and bunches of flowers. That would never be me.

Marlene and I decided for our makeup today we would draw a little heart on our faces, her's a red one and mine a pink one. That was the most I would be doing, until later on when we were having a Valentine's day party in the common room, again hosted by the Marauders as usual. I think we just used whatever excuse we could to throw a party and drink. As usual, the Prewett twins had been going around everyone, organising sending Valentines around anonymously to people, I never sent one yet always received four. Always by my boys, as a joke the first year which kind of carried on throughout the years till now, it was an accustomed thing to do now.

Walking into the Great Hall, I ignored all of the blushing and excited girls, sitting in my seat in between James and Sirius and immediately pouring myself coffee, hoping to drown in the brown beverage.

"Good morning, El, you're looking very excited today" Remus greeted, laughing at my expression when I glared at him.

"How many people will be drugged with amortentia today, do you think?" I asked, glancing around all the girls of the hall, the boys looking slightly terrified, except Gilderoy Lockhart who was admiring himself in a spoon. Happy Valentines day to him.

"Oh cheer up, Lunes, it's the day of love" James nudged me, as I began eating a bowl of fruit, the strawberries cut into hearts.

"Everyday is a day of love" I recalled, watching the Prewetts stride into the hall with their little valentine notes and heart lollipops each person got when they received a note.

"Any boys we should know that will be sending you a valentine?" Sirius inquired, wiggling his eyebrows at me. James frowned faintly, waiting for her answer.

"I usually receive four every year, I have no idea who sends them" I shrugged, playing along with them.

"I wonder who they are" Peter murmured, grinning at me.

As usual, the boys received many anonymous valentines, Remus had ten, Peter had eight, James had fifteen and Sirius had twenty two. The Prewetts placed five notes in front of me, making my eyebrows knit together. It was usually four. I lifted my head up, catching Marlene's eye when she winked at me, a smirk on her face. I laughed, blowing her a kiss in thanks. Marlene was officially my valentine.

"Potter, I told you to stop sending me these" Lily grumbled, ripping the note apart and pushing the heart shaped sweet away from her.

"I-I uh I didn't send you one this year" James stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck. Everyone's eyes shooting towards him wide. He didn't send Lily a Valentine?