✾ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴏᴏɴ✾

"𝕳ow could something so beautiful, treat me so awfully to the point I hate it?" I voiced through the dark night

"I don't know, love. But every time I see the moon, it reminds me of you shining beautifully in the sky" James murmured back to me, as the two of us laid in the middle of the quidditch field, gazing up to the sky.

The bright stars shone, filling the darkness with light, beside the crescent moon. The only noise being the owls hooting and our soft voices when we spoke to each other. He managed to get the keys off Minnie for the quidditch pitch, bringing me along with him and a blanket for us to lay down on. I was snuggled into his side, my head resting on his arm, mine placed on his chest. It had been a few days since we announced our sort of relationship to everyone, including Lily. She hadn't spoken any words to me as of yet, i'm not sure if it was out of spite or guilt but the boys wouldn't allow me to speak to her unless she apologised to me. I personally didn't really mind, she was my friend- I understand she was upset and said things that she didn't mean, I'd already forgiven her.

"It's like we're all a part of the sky, Rem and I are the halves of the moon, Siri is the glowing stars, Peter is the fluffy clouds..."

"And me?"

"You're the sun" I finished, "Everyone likes the sun, it's makes them feel warm and happy"

"I like the moon" He whispered, moving his free hand to his pocket, pulling something out to show it to me.

"I threw that away" I mumbled, observing the ring I transfigured in Minnie's lesson a while ago, the gold dainty one with the moon and the stars on.

"And I got it back out as soon as you put it in" He replied, sliding the ring on to his finger, a perfect fit. I couldn't help the small smile etching its way on to my lips, he kept the ring all this time and if fit him perfectly. "I carry it around with me so it's with me at all times"

"You're adorable"

"I'm handsome, Elody. I'm the hottest boy you've ever set your eyes on" He declared, as I lifted my head, gazing into his stunning hazel eyes. The way the moonlight reflected on them only enhanced their beauty.

"Maybe you are, maybe you're not. Personally, I think Siri is more-"

"Padfoot?! You think Padfoot is more attractive than me?!" He exclaimed, to which I laughed lightly, the corners of his lips tugging upwards.

"I like the sun" I told him honestly, leaning down and capturing his lips into a kiss. I felt him smile into it, humming as we pulled away. He was the sun, the ray of light livening up people's lives, the thing people look forward to having to soak up all of its energy.

"So does this class as our first date?" He queried as I rested my head back down, nuzzling it into the side of his neck.

"Depends. Will there be more?"