❀ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀss❀

𝕴 glanced up from my paper to the ticking clock at the front of the hall, giving my hand a break from writing my ten mark essay in Care of Magical creature's about nifflers, watching the tick meet the clicking sound everytime the larger hand move...

𝕴 glanced up from my paper to the ticking clock at the front of the hall, giving my hand a break from writing my ten mark essay in Care of Magical creature's about nifflers, watching the tick meet the clicking sound everytime the larger hand moved on. This was my very last NEWT exam, the others seemed to have gone quite well, I think i'll have some good grades from them hopefully. I was glad these exams were now over, excited I would no longer have cramping hands by the end of the day or ink stains that take a lot of time to come off. James would massage and rub over my hands afterwards, easing the tension.

Although, the end of exams means it was the last couple of days at Hogwarts, and we would never be coming back again as students. We wouldn't live here anymore, it wasn't going to be the same. However, I was greatly looking forward to seeing Monty and Mia again, the last couple of days i'd found my want to see them more and more. Mia had recently sent me a letter and a small care package, knowing everything that was going on at Hogwarts with Lily, James and I, as James lettered and told her, because he tells her everything.

I heard a quill tap on the desk two times quickly and one slow one, compelling me to pick up my quill again, knowing Remus was reminding me of the time in the seat behind me, my lips twitching as I carried on writing where I left off. I rather like nifflers.

"Are you alright, Miss Lupin?" I heard Professor Kettleburn ask quietly, appearing at the side of my desk, obviously noticing I had zoned out like I do a lot, and then forget what i'm doing sometimes. I looked up, nodding with a smile, continuing to write as he walked back down the middle of the hall, the sound of the quills scratching on the parchment filling my ears as I tried to focus.

One by one the students in my year began to finish, handing their papers to the front and exiting the hall, as I took up all of the time, not wanting to rush.

"Time's up, Melody" The professor told me, causing me to look up and around, noticing I was the only one left in the hall, my cheeks warming slightly, "How did you find it?" He asked, collecting my paper as I packed up my things into my bag.

"I thought it was quite a good paper, specifically the niffler question, I've always wanted one" I answered, smiling at the older wizard.

"You and me both, mischievous little creatures. I was your age when I got my first one, Blackie" He replied, walking back up the hall and placing my paper on top of everyone else's.

"Reg and Sirius would love that" I snickered, his eyebrows raising, "I'll see you later, Professor"

"Have a lovely rest of the day, Melody" He called back as I opened the great hall doors, my heart warming of the sight of five boys on the floor on the wall opposite. Four of them laid with their legs up against the wall, one of them sat against the wall, stretching his legs out towards the direction of me.

"It's about bloody time, El" Remus groaned, when Regulus waved and smiled at me, cracking his back as he stood up, our bones often popping when he move, "The last one in there?"