✾ᴀᴠᴇʀᴀɢᴇ sᴀᴛᴜʀᴅᴀʏ✾

𝕿he bitter cold winds rustled the leaves outside the grounds, creating a whirling sound

𝕿he bitter cold winds rustled the leaves outside the grounds, creating a whirling sound. The group of us sat around the arm chairs in the Gryffindor common room, just chilling with nothing to do. It was a Saturday, meaning there was no classes today and we could do whatever we wanted. James and Peter sat on the couch opposite Sirius, Remus and I, me on the end, leaning my head against my brother's shoulder as he read his book. Sirius sprawled out on the two of us, I played with the rings on his fingers, more specifically the one Regulus gifted him. I wonder if they've spoken yet.

I glanced to scan over his face, noticing him staring off into space and being abnormally quiet- especially for a Saturday. James eyed the clock, briefly pausing his conversation with Peter before announcing he had quidditch practice and he needed to go. We mumbled our goodbyes, the four of us left in the quiet common room. Peter decided he would head for the kitchens for a snack and just to visit the house elves, Remus reluctantly nodding and agreeing to go after him after saying he could 'die for a double chocolate cupcake'.

I tapped Sirius' leg, catching his attention, "Do you want to go for a walk?" I questioned softly, nodding towards the door of the common room.

"Where to?" He mumbled, looking down at his rings and fiddling with them- the Regulus one.

"Wherever the wind takes us, come on" I answered, swinging his legs off my lap and standing up, extending a hand out for him.

"Aren't I meant to help you up, M?" He chuckled, taking my hand and pulling himself up next to me.

"We wouldn't be Melody Lupin and Sirius Black if we followed the rules now, would we?" I joked, the two of us walking out of the common room and down the sparse hallways. Apparently the wind took us up to the Astronomy tower, the both of us walking out to the edge staring over the grounds. He didn't speak one word the entire time we walked, only making me feel more worried and concerned.

He sighed, pulling out his cigarettes and lighting one, I raised an eyebrow and he turned to face me, moving it out of his face, "You can't have one"

"Why not?"

"Monty would kill me, James would definitely kill me" He mumbled, taking a big mouthful of the substance before releasing it into the air, facing away from me again.

I frowned faintly, "They wouldn't know"

"They definitely would, M. It's bad for you, I don't want you in this type of stuff, and James would kill me" He repeated. James would never let me have a cigarette even though Remus has them all the time, he didn't want me addicted to them. I loved how he cared but everyone else has them.

"You do it" I reasoned, leaning my hands over the edge of the tower, allowing the wind to run through my fingers.

"I know" He muttered, the silence enveloping us yet again.