✾ᴊᴏɪɴ ᴍᴇ✾

"𝕬re you sure you want to go to Hogsmeade today?" James queried to me as we were gathered in the common room, waiting to go down for the carriages to get to the village

It had been a few weeks since the meeting with Dumbledore and I was beginning to accept the fact that everyone else wants to fight in this war despite my efforts to tell them no. Like Dumbledore said, it's their life, their choice, I can't really stop them as much as I want to. Regulus is still on the fence but he doesn't have to decide right now with being the year below us, he doesn't have to rush into anything which i'm happy about.

Dumbledore has been trying to find out more about my condition and why I seem to differ from Remus when we were both bitten by Greyback at the same time, in theory we should be the same. Remus doesn't have glowing eyes fortunately for him. In the mean time, Dumbledore has been training me in occulemcy every other night in case i'm in the situation I might need it. In a few days it would be the full moon and with training with occulemcy, i'm more tired than I usually am, hence why James was being extra protective and cautious.

"I'm sure James, I don't want to miss out, i'll be okay" I reassured him, kissing his lips softly, feeling him melt into it.

"Okay but if you start to get really tired, we will come back and leave everyone else" He compromised, flickering his eyes between mine, my heart warming from his loving concern.

"I can agree to that" I nodded, smiling when he kissed my forehead delicately, just as Sirius came down the steps after we were all waiting for him to do his hair.

"I can't believe the nine of us had to squeeze into one carriage..I hope your hair time was worth it" Marlene scoffed as we all stumbled out of the last remaining carriage after all being crammed up together.

"Totally worth it, right Moony?" Sirius responded, smirking at my brother who stared flatly at the boy before cracking his bones.

"Definitely, Pads" He grumbled, shaking his head and walking away.

"Prongs, we going in?" Sirius called to James beside me as we approached outside of Zonkos, Marlene, Lily and Mary already sauntering off towards the boutique, Alice already here with Frank, Remus and Peter leaving for Honeydukes.

"Go" I urged him away towards Sirius when he looked conflicted, kissing my cheek as he walked into the joke shop, "And then there were two"

"The best two" Regulus grinned, strolling beside me as we walked around the cold village, the January weather being particularly bitter, which is why I had James' scarf around my neck, his scent constantly filling my lungs.

"So where do you want to go?"

"I actually need to get some quills"

"Well go on in there i'll wait outside" I told him, pointing to the shop. He looked at me skeptically, glancing around,