✾ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ✾

𝕬 few days later, things were exactly the same

𝕬 few days later, things were exactly the same. Lily was showing more interest in James, which made me feel more and more guilty, I think she was trying her best to win his affection back and I felt like I took that from her. I took that from one of my best friends.

At the same time, I felt generally happier despite the guilt, subtle locking pinkies or forehead kisses, making me feel warm and adored inside. My feelings for him were definitely, without a doubt growing stronger, which was difficult because I didn't want to rush into anything but when you've spent every minute of everyday with someone for five years and then you fall for them- you're already half way there. It's different when you are getting to know someone new, you start with getting to know each other, building it up into a proper relationship. James is my best friend, we both know each other inside out so it kind of felt like we jumped straight into the middle rather than the beginning.

The girls and I were walking through the corridors, chatting together, making our way to the common room when one of the windows smashed, the pieces of glass, piercing through our skin. There was a bang heard, knocking all of us of our feet, Lily, Mary and Alice screaming. I glanced over to them, trying to move closer when I felt a sharp pain in my leg. A thick glass shard, sticking through my leg. Lovely. Another scar to have.

"What's happening?!" Lily cried, looking around all the glass.

"Lils, you're okay. Is everyone okay?" I voiced, all of them nodding, standing up from the floor, eyeing me. I was the closest to the window, I have more glass on me.

"Mel, your leg-"

"I'm fine" I mumbled, taking off my jumper and wrapping it around the wound, keeping the glass in place- I was accustomed to wounds now. We heard a rushing of footsteps heard, Minnie and Dumbledore wide eyed, alert from the scene.

"Everyone to the hospital wing to get checked out immediately" Dumbledore told all of them, walking over to me on the floor. They all followed his orders, glancing back to me every couple of moments before they turned the corner. He crouched down, eyeing the glass in my leg, "Are you alright, Melody?"

"Brilliant, Al" I nodded, smiling at him as much as I could do. I think I have quite a high pain intolerance now.

"You did the right thing keeping it in place, Madame Pomfrey will be able to heal that in a heartbeat" He informed me, standing back up, the glass crunching on his feet. He tucked his hands under my arms, raising me on to my feet, my leg instantly bending. He kept me up, allowing me to put all my support on me. "Minerva, would you be able to fix these windows and call for Mr Potter, Lupin, Black and Pettigrew to come to the Hospital Wing whilst I escort Melody there?"

"O-of course" She nodded, allowing Professor Dumbledore and I to walk away from the scene to the hospital wing- well I was kind of hopping.

"I have to confess, Sir, I didn't imagine for us to ever be walking through the castle together with a shard of glass in my leg" I joked, hearing him chuckle at my comment, "The glass just shattered and then there was a bang. I'm not sure what it was. It came out of nowhere"