✾ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ✾

𝕸essrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs and Mses Luna are proud to present the Marauder's story. Of course, this story is one told by the point of view of Luna. A girl who's secrets were kept by the moon and witnessed by the sun.

•••

𝕬 young Remus Lupin felt a dip in the side of his bed, waking him up from his slumber on a dark, yet warm, August night. It was September first tomorrow, meaning a brand new adventure was awaiting the very next day. Vanilla, cookies and cedar wood filled his lungs, making him immediately wrap his arms around the girl who shuffled closer into his comforting body.

"What's wrong, El?" He mumbled to me sleepily, as he enveloped me into his protective arms.

"I'm nervous Rem, what if nobody likes me? I look weird, people will think i'm weird" I whispered, my heart beating quickly into my chest at the thought of having no friends at Hogwarts. I would be completely alone for seven years at the wizarding school- except for my twin brother of course. I was different to everyone else, people don't like others who aren't ordinary, people tend to stay away from me just because of the way I look. Thank you, Fenrir Greyback, for you ruined my life.

"People will love you, El. If they can't see you for who you are then they aren't worth it. You are beautiful inside and out"

"Do you believe that about yourself?" I questioned quietly, knowing he was feeling the same anxiety as me, he was probably just better at hiding it.

"I'm trying to. Whatever happens, we will always have each other. Nothing will break us apart" He responded, raking his hands through my long, blonde hair. The both of us listening to the barn owls hooting outside the window of our cottage.

"Connected for eternity" I recalled, taking in a deep breath to try and console my nerves. He was with me, and that's all I could ever need. My twin brother by my side, connected for eternity.

"Mhm, exactly. Go to sleep El, everything will be just fine" He replied, coaching me to want to give in to the sleep that so desperately wanted to take me over. Everything will be just fine. I closed my eyes, being held by my twin brother as he fell back into his deep slumber, waiting for the night to end and the sun to rise for the brand new day.

Hours later, the sun had risen over on the horizon, light filling the sky with birds chirping and nature buzzing.

"Melody, Remus, it's time to get up or you'll miss the train" The soft voice of my mother called, waking the both of us up, making us stare wide eyed at each other. The train left at exactly eleven o'clock, meaning we only had an hour to be ready. The two of us shot out of Remus' bed, grabbing the clothes we had picked out the night before.

Like any other day at home, I walked into the bathroom to get dressed and ready for the day. My family, the Lupins, weren't the wealthiest of families but we appreciated what we had, and we had each other. That was all that mattered. I shrugged on my dark blue jeans and one of my brother's knitted jumpers. He was quite a bit taller than me already, which meant the jumper was quite oversized- I liked it that way though. I scanned over my appearance in the mirror, brushing through my blonde hair, gazing into my own chocolatey eyes.

I sighed, trailing my fingers over my newest scar that ran from my nose, down my left cheek. It was ugly. I was ugly. I was a monster, there was nothing more to say about it. I quickly wiped the stray tear that escaped my eye, swallowing thickly before walking back out of the bathroom and down the stairs of the cottage.

"Morning, Melody, how are you feeling?" My mother, Hope, questioned whilst planting a kiss on the top of my head. I guess you could say that I was quite fortunate to have a mum like mine, she really cared for us and loved us, there was nothing more I could have wanted. She was my role model, I aspired to be as kind and beautiful as she was one day, deep down I knew it would never happen though. I'm scarred, i'm moody when i'm tired and i'm monstrous.