✾ʟᴇғᴛ ᴜs✾

𝕿he first couple of days of the Christmas holidays passed and I would say i'm more in the acceptance stage now

𝕿he first couple of days of the Christmas holidays passed and I would say i'm more in the acceptance stage now. She's in a better place, no pain, not sick, she wouldn't be seeing what's happening in the Wizarding World at this moment and she wouldn't be a target. It seemed awful to admit, but it was probably for the best, as much as it hurt for us all. I had spent a lot of the time with Mia, being close to her brought me an extra sense of comfort like she did, and she knew that, which is why she stopped everything she was doing with missions and working whilst we were off for Christmas, just to be there for Remus and I. I had been more open with James about it now, telling him how I felt about it all and what was going through my head, the boy being there for me the whole time, holding my hand and kissing my forehead or temple.

At the moment, I was sat in the living room, snuggled into James' side, Mia on the opposite couch with Monty, reading over the Daily Prophet as I thought to myself. Memories. Happy memories. James kissed the top of my head every couple of moments, holding me close to him.

"Moony, don't she-" We heard Sirius voice rush out, just before Remus stormed into the living room with a letter in his hands.

"He's gone. He's fucking gone, El. Left us, his children, his house, everything. He's left" Remus laughed bitterly, handing me a letter that I scanned over, another part of me breaking inside.

Mums gone and we lost dad.

The Lupins are falling apart.

How many more people do we have to lose? That will go away?

"She just got better" Sirius mumbled sympathetically as sobs racked my body again, the three Potters exchanging a glance before James scooped me up, placing me inbetween Monty and Mia, as Monty wrapped his arms around me.

"Where's he gone?" James quizzed quietly, trying not to look at his girlfriend because he knew his heart would shatter into tiny pieces. He hated seeing her so upset, he loathed it, he wished he could take the pain away from her so she would never have to feel it again.

"Fucking Ireland" Remus answered, his eyes twitching and his fists clenching, "Stop crying El, he didn't want us anymore, he's not worth your tears, he left us, he doesn't want you"

"Moony" Sirius whispered, shaking his head, tugging on his arm to take him out of the room, Peter joining, the three boys managing to move Remus out of the room, leaving Monty, Mia and I. The two of them comforting me. Remus and I were obviously having different feelings towards the situation at this time, he was angry about dad and I was upset.

"I-I don't understand, w-what did we do?" I cried into Monty, Mia rubbing circles on my back from the other side.

"Nothing, Melody, you did nothing wrong. People grieve in different ways, maybe he just needed some time on his own" Monty replied softly, "We've got you, you'll be okay, little wolf"