✾ʟᴜᴘɪɴ ᴛᴡɪɴ ᴛᴇʟᴇᴘᴀᴛʜʏ✾

𝕬 few weeks had passed since the quidditch match, Autumn had arrived, the leaves of orange, yellow and brown covering the grounds outside like a blanket

𝕬 few weeks had passed since the quidditch match, Autumn had arrived, the leaves of orange, yellow and brown covering the grounds outside like a blanket. Heavy showers and gushes of wind dominated the weather, contrasting the sun and causal showers in September. Another month meant another full moon approaching, fortunately it wasn't till the middle of the month, meaning we would be okay for Halloween and we had a bit of time before the time begins.

This particular rainy morning I found myself on the Astronomy Tower, reading the book that Mia had gifted me, listening to the way the drops pounded on the castle and grounds. I hugged my sweatshirt closer, to feel as much heat and warmth as I could, this one was Sirius' he doesn't have many sweatshirts, but the ones he does I like to wear them. It smelled exactly like him- smoke, sea breeze and citrus fruits.

"Regulus" I hummed, the curly haired boy taking a seat next to me, leaning against the wall.

"Lupin"

"Melody" I corrected again, hoping the following words weren't going to be the ones I thought they were going to be.

"We aren't friends" He mumbled again, lifting his head back to rest it on the wall, I sighed through the silence, both of us listening to the rain.

"Do you like the rain?" I questioned after a few moments, flipping the page of my book, feeling his eyes on the side of my face.

"Suppose, it's more comforting than the sun" He responded, leaning close to me, "You smell like Sirius"

I lifted my sleeve, gesturing to the sweatshirt, "His sweatshirt" He nodded, shifting his gaze to the view of the grounds. "I like the rain too, it feels serene"

"Pluviophiles" He acknowledged, twiddling a ring around his finger, a Black family one. Toujours Pur was engraved into the side. Huh. What does that mean?

"Pluviophile friends?"

"We can't be friends, Lupin"

"Why is that, Regulus?" I queried, closing my book, focusing my full attention on him as he sighed, rubbing his temple with his finger.

"I'm a Slytherin you're a Gryffindor. I'm a pure blood you're a halfblood well, halfbeed-"

"What?" I whispered, a sinking feeling in my chest. How could he know? Half breed.

"Sirius didn't tell me" He commented, meeting my eyes for the very first time, "I was nearly a Ravenclaw, i'm not a fool, Lupin. You and your brother disappear every full moon, not to mention you are both extremely tired before and after. You have scars too. A bit suspicious don't you think?"

"I guess" I nodded almost in audibly, "You don't want to be friends because of my condition?"

"No that's not it, you're friends with Sirius. You shouldn't be seen talking to me, it's dangerous"