❀ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ❀

𝕿he year 1979 was well underway as February approached, the darkness seeming to not get any better than it had done in the past couple of years

𝕿he year 1979 was well underway as February approached, the darkness seeming to not get any better than it had done in the past couple of years. In truth it had gotten darker, and I could tell it was starting affect people more and more. James would come back from training with bags under his eyes and more bruises from practice duelling and training much like Sirius did, meaning Remus and I would have to heal them as much as possible. The full moons were worse for them because they were already very tired but they still came and tried to help as usual, as did Peter.

The group of us were sat around the dining room in the Potter manor on Dumbledore's request, saying that he had planned for a few of us to go on a mission.

"So you want us to go on a mission to Diagon Alley to see what is so special about Borgin and Burkes?" I asked slowly, leaning on the desk towards Dumbledore, whilst Regulus drummed his fingers on the desk.

"No way" James voiced, everyone's heads snapping towards his as I sighed, shaking my head, "He wants Elody she's not going to fucking Diagon Alley. No"

"I can do wandless magic, James, i'll be fine-"

"No Elody-"

"Let me speak" I told him sternly, Marlene whistling underneath her breath causing Sirius to look at her, shaking his head, "I'm not going to live my life being locked away like bloody rapunzel"

"Who?"

"Muggle princess story- not the point. I'm going, if I need to go i'll go. It's just to check something out, i'm not walking into a bloody massacre. Who's going with me?" I questioned back to Dumbledore ignoring James' huffs of exasperation.

"Prewetts-"

"One of us" Remus spoke through gritted teeth, "If El's going, one of us is going"

"I'm not the queen I don't need secret service Remmy" I muttered, rubbing my forehead, "Wormy can come with me, I want Peter to come"

"I'll go with you Mel" Peter nodded, turning to the four boys who looked uneasy about her decision. Yes, Peter was their brother, they trusted him with their lives but Melody was different. James and Sirius had been training for months as aurors, duelling and battling, Remus' anger issues were enough to send death eaters back in a ten mile radius and Regulus fitted in and knew enough about dark magic, not to mention he was exceptional at healing and duelling himself. Peter hadn't been in touch with the Wizarding World in a long time, he's working in the muggle world and isn't always the first one to put on a brave face out of all them. They loved him, but he panics more than them.

"See, Wormy's going to come with us. Me, Wormy, Fabian and Gideon, when are we leaving?"

"Today" Dumbledore replied, the two of us nodding just as the Prewetts arrived ready for the mission, four of the boys exchanging a glance and three taking Peter to the side, beginning to talk to him.