Morning sickness

"Oh muffin, you look terrible again this morning" Nat looked over at you as Bucky walked into the dining room with you.
"Just a bug" you shrugged, trying to push the nausea to the side.
"We will do some tests after breakfast" Bruce looked at you meaningfully.
"I can wait for Doctor Cho to be in the office tomorrow" you paled at the sight of food on the table.
"Let me do this for you" Bruce gave a gentle smile.
"If you are feeling a little better later, we can go over those schematics on the bullet and arrows idea you had up on the whiteboard. Bruce and I worked on them a bit, and wanted your opinion" Tony spoke up.
"I'd love that" you nodded as Bucky set you in your chair and quickly took a seat beside you.
"IF she's feeling better" Bucky interjected, saying "If" a lot more firmly than necessary.
"She just needs a little something in her stomach" Wanda smiled kindly, passing the platter to you and you just passed it to Bucky quickly, reaching for some toast in the center of the table and buttering two pieces. Everyone at the table seemed relatively quiet. Sam announced he was going to call his sister, and Steve grinned saying he was taking the wolves back to his room to draw for a bit. Pepper and Tony had plans to go for a drive with Edwin, while Happy was going to spend the day catching up on his stories. Wanda and Vision had decided on going for a picnic with Zora out in the backyard. Nat said something about a bubble bath and gave Bruce a kiss on the cheek when he said he wanted to go to the lab for a bit. Bucky barely finished his food when you felt little paws on your thigh as Blue was trying to sneak onto your lap without bringing much attention to himself.
"Blue?" you asked, pushing the chair back a bit, and helping him up onto your lap.
"Mama, sick" he whined and curled his head into your neck like he always did, but especially like when he first came to the compound and would curl into you.
"I know baby, I'm sorry" you cooed to him softly and wrapped your arms around him protectively.
"No play" he whined softly.
"No, no playing today" you agreed, running your fingers through his fur all along his back.
"He seems upset," Bucky whispered.
"He doesn't like not feeling good" you looked at him with a frown. "I know its my fault, I wish there was something I could do to make it easier on them without pulling back the bond a bit"
"Don't you dare pull back on the bond" Cloud came around the table, growling deep in his throat for a moment.
"I won't" you felt a little surprised he seemed so upset at the thought of it.
"This is part of the companion bond, we know what we are getting into" Melody came around the table as well. "We welcome feeling this with you. When you are done, we will take Blue back to Steve's bedroom"
"Did you want to meet the pups?" you asked her gently.
"We want to, yes, but we are giving Snow a few days to get used to being a mother first" Cloud spoke for both of them.
"I know I will need a few days when I have my pups," Melody added.
"When?" you echoed.
"I did my job" Cloud said proudly.
"I'm so excited for you two!" you went to stand up too fast and lost your balance and fell back down in your chair.
"Whoa doll, what's going on? Let me carry you" Bucky put his hands out looking at you worriedly.
"Melody is pregnant" you looked at Bucky with a smile.
"That's fantastic news" Bucky grinned and looked at Cloud and Melody. "Good job buddy" he added to Cloud.
"That puts you off missions for sure until after your pups" Steve spoke up.
"Come here doll, let me carry you back to the bedroom. You're still pretty pale" Bucky spoke softly.
"No, I don't want to let go of my Blue yet" you shook your head. Blue nuzzled into your neck even more, letting out another whine.
"You need to rest, you promised already" Bucky reminded you.
"Why not come sit in the main living room" Steve suggested. Bucky nodded after you didn't respond, and he picked both you and Blue up. You snuggled into him, still carefully holding Blue and he went into the living room. Steve followed closely with Cloud and Melody. Bucky sat on the couch and placed you on his lap, while Steve took the other couch. Cloud and Melody got up on the couch with Steve and snuggled close to his lap. Bucky ran his hand up and down your back while Blue let out another pitiful whine. You gave Blue a few kisses on the side of his muzzle as you pulled back to look at him.
"Mama, love mama" Blue yawned. You yawned as well, as though it was contagious and turned in Bucky's lap, and leaned more into him, closing your eyes. Steve waited until your breathing evened out, and he could tell you were sleeping, so was Blue, before he cleared his throat.
"We are on missions all week, jerk" Steve spoke softly. "You'll be away from her for the week," he added softly.
"What do you mean?" Bucky's attention was grabbed and he looked up sharply.
"You need to start checking your emails more." Steve chuckled. "Most of us are on a five day mission, or at least until we capture a few of the people that took the serum, or the serum itself" he explained.
"I can't just leave her when she's sick" Bucky shook his head.
"This is the job you both signed up for," Steve reminded him, shaking his head. "I know you love her, but you need to look at the bigger picture"
"She is my bigger picture," Bucky whispered. "She's all I need," he added softly.
"Are you nervous about your talk with her mama, Uncle Brad and the pack?" Steve asked, already knowing that Bucky was planning to ask them for permission to marry you.
"A little bit, yeah" he nodded in response. "I want to make sure the pack is willing to accept me as a permanent addition. Blue's a bit young to understand the question, but the rest will understand me"
"You are going through a lot of trouble to ask her to marry you" Steve smirked while Cloud and Melody's head popped up.
"Keep this to yourselves" Bucky warned them both and they both gave a soft bark.
"If they all say yes, how are you going to go about it? Have you decided yet?" he asked gently.
"I'm keeping that one to myself, if it's all the same. I want it to be a complete surprise, just in case" he gave a soft smile. "I was talking to Bruce, Y/N says she's not, but she might be pregnant" he broke out into a smile. "Can you imagine? Me, a father?"
"Since we were kids" Steve grinned. "You've always wanted a family"
"But with her? She's the love of my life" Bucky adjusted you slightly in his lap. Blue let out a small whine, but continued to curl into you. "I really think I'm the luckiest man in the world. She chose me as her mate"
"You know, a year ago, I only knew you were attracted to her," Steve chuckled. "I didn't see this coming," he admitted. "I did see you getting married one day, and having kids though. It's all I could imagine all our lives"
"Even after what Hydra did to me?" Bucky looked at him unsurely.
"Listen Jerk, what Hydra did to you was a crime. You are a better man than that, and we all know it. You've proven time and again you are one of the heroes, not the villain. You are a brave, and selfless man. You are my hero, and I know you are her's" Steve gestured to you. "Are you staying here for a bit?" he asked softly.
"Yeah, I want to let her sleep for a bit. She was pretty sick this morning. Blue is pretty upset too" Bucky looked at Steve. Steve nodded and stood up.
"I'm going to go get my sketch book," Steve decided. "I'll be right back"

You managed to nap through lunch, and Steve found himself bringing Snow and Jasper their meal while also bringing Steve something to eat. Bucky just didn't have it in him to wake you up, and Steve put a plate in the fridge for you when you woke up. Bruce came and took some blood samples while you were sleeping for his tests. You woke up close to supper time feeling much better. Blue wriggled on your chest and gave a playful bark at Bucky as your eyes started opening.
"There you are, beautiful" Bucky grinned at you. "You missed Bruce, he took some blood" he warned you.
"That explains the band aid" you yawned and giggled as Blue continued to wriggle his entire body trying to get attention and wagging his tail happily.
"Are you feeling any better?" he whispered to you.
"Much, I'm starving" you stretched and slipped off his lap. Blue barked for his papa and you passed him over. "He wants you" you gave a slight smile.
"He slept with you the entire time" Bucky took him and flipped him onto his back and gave his muzzle a kiss and chuckled as Blue wriggled. "I talked to Steve" he started to bring up the mission tentatively.
"Oh? What about?" you asked, stretching while you were feeling much better and feeling hungry.
"Our mission dockets for the week. We are scheduled to be gone for the entire week to get prisoners, and try to get the serum for you and the science team" he almost said science bro's but he was uncomfortable with it.
"All week?" you repeated, a little anxious over not having him to sleep with or be with. "But that's a long time"
"It's part of the job" he reminded you softly.
"What about my bedtime cuddles?" you pouted.
"You'll have Melody. Jasper is off for the week, Tony is calling it paternity leave. Cloud is going to be with me, I'll keep him safe, I promise" he chuckled as Blue grabbed a piece of his shirt with his teeth and he started pulling back on the fabric, tearing at it slightly.
"You'll be back for mama and Uncle Brad?" you bit your bottom lip.
"I will, I'll make sure of it" he promised. "We might get back earlier, you never know," he added.
"Promise me you'll stay safe" you looked at him pleadingly. "I need my Alpha home in one piece" you added in a whisper.
"Baby, you'll be the only thing I'll be thinking about the entire time I'm gone. I'll text you and try to call you when I can" he stood up, and leaned down to kiss you softly on the lips. Blue let out another playful growl, and you both gave a small chuckle.
"Promise you will be reaching out?" you bit your bottom lip unsurely.
"I promise, now let's get to supper" he leaned down to give you another brief kiss on the lips before stepping back. He bent over and put Blue on the floor who barked at him in protest and tried to get him to pick him up again. He led the way back into the dining room. Steve just chuckled, realizing he was forgotten about completely and stood up to follow.