Getting home

When you had left, uncle Brad took the time to shake Bucky's hand, and give you another hug and kiss. Soren promised to take care of uncle Brad to you, and you both promised to send lots of pictures. When you drove through town, you stopped in to grab eight steaks for the wolves on the trip home. You had pulled over at one point and let them out of the SUV to go do their business and to eat. You were too excited to get home and see your Blue again.
Bucky had insisted on driving and playing your driving music on the way home. You were thankful for it, since you got to enjoy the scenery just a little bit more. Bucky kept putting his hand out for your to hold as you both drove in relative silence except for you singing once in a while. You felt a lot more relaxed now that you had gotten away for a couple of days. You also felt a lot more closure after your last showdown with Shawn. You felt like you finally could say goodbye to that chapter in your life. You felt almost peaceful. The flashbacks didn't seem as bad now that you knew he was in the raft for sure. You knew that you would still need to talk to Sunny, the psychiatrist that was specifically for the Avengers team. At least in this case you would be able to have less of a burden to put out there. You thought of what you would do until you were cleared to go back for missions and training, and remembered that you owed the boys some pies and cookies so a little bit of baking would be in order.
"Almost there, doll" Bucky broke your musings.
"It will be nice to be home" you smiled at Bucky. "Can we stop at the store so I can get some more flowers for my bedroom?" you arched an eyebrow at him.
"I replaced them already" he chuckled. "I ordered them on Friday before we left, and Happy promised to go in and change them out for me"
"You're so thoughtful" you cooed to him, and slipped over the center console and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He turned his head last minute and kissed you on the lips instead before he went back to paying attention to the road. You flushed a bit and sat back down. "Thank you Bucky" you whispered as you settled back in.
"I'm going to see what the mission roster shows for the week, but I'd like to take you out to dinner one night this week" he looked at you hopefully.
"I'd love that" you smiled at him.
"Good, it's a date" he winked at you. "I'll ask Stevie to watch him while we go out"
"I can ask someone" you flushed a bit.
"Let me take care of my dame" he grinned and you flushed again.
"Do you think Sam went to go see his sister?" you looked over curiously.
"Pretty sure he did, he's been wanting to see her and the kids for a while" he nodded. "We finished up at your uncles with plenty of time for him to go home and pack to leave".
"I hope he did" you sighed. "He's always talking to them, and he needs a break too". You checked your phone and saw there were plenty more pictures and text messages from the team over the weekend. You hadn't really checked it since you started driving, you were just looking forward to getting home. Clint sent you pictures of his family sitting with him outside. It looked like a beautiful area he lived in. You saw his daughter holding a cat, and remembered your promise to go and visit one night for supper. You texted him back and asked what their favorite pie was, and he immediately responded with apple. You couldn't help but giggle, and held Bucky's hand a little tighter. Pietro and Peter sent pictures of them in Peter's room. It looked like Pietro had been sleeping over on the couch, and they were snuggling with Blue. You couldn't imagine loving them more. They sent pictures of Blue eating, as well as walking around a little bit outside. Wanda texted you and told you excitedly that she bought some Earl Grey tea for tonight when you got home for a small girls night. You smiled happily to yourself and continued looking at all the texts. Happy sent you a few texts saying he hoped you were doing well, but also sent a few of all the boxes that arrived from Amazon. You bit your bottom lip, forgetting how much you had ordered before you left.
"What is it?" Bucky asked softly.
"I think I ordered more online than I thought I did" you admitted. "I ordered a few more series of books, and it looks like the corner of my room has some packages from the text I have from Happy"
Bucky chuckled, and took your hand and kissed your knuckles.
"I'll help you put it away" he grinned at you.
"Its okay, I can do it. I might start on my laundry tonight, it will give me something to do while I'm waiting on it" you admitted.
"That's cute" he smirked.
"What's cute?" you looked over innocently.
"That you think you are doing something besides sitting in the living room tonight. I know the team missed you, and you want your time with Blue. I, on the other hand, missed feeding him with you. You can do your laundry tomorrow" he chuckled. You knew he was right.