Failed kiss

"I better go put my laptop back in my room" Bucky finally looked over at you while you were still reading. You lifted your legs easily and he got up quickly to go put his things away, followed by Steve. Cloud got up on the couch as you put your legs back down and he laid across them and put his head on your lap. You finally put your book down and gave him a scratch behind the ears.
"I'm proud of you pup, you've come a long way" Cloud spoke gently. You looked over to see Melody, Jasper and Snow were still sleeping, the same as Pup in your arms.
"So have you" you looked at Melody meaningfully. You knew if he could blush, he would be.
"Life takes us to places we sometimes don't see coming" he admitted softly.
"There's a lot of wolves here now" you smiled. "I for one did not see that coming"
"Neither did I" he barked softly. "I always thought it would be just us alone"
"We never had to be alone I guess" you started petting him along his neck line and shoulders. "Humans, or otherwise"
"Life got more dangerous, but it brought a few good things. Be careful on your date with Bucky. I can't be with you, and I know he will protect you, but he may need you to protect him" he spoke softly still.
"I plan to, the best I can" you nodded with a smile. "I can't believe he asked me on a date"
"I can, he was attracted to you from the start" Cloud let out another small bark.
"I didn't think at he beginning, but he's a good man" you smiled looking up and saw Bucky and Steve coming back into the room. Bucky was carrying some bottles and napkins.
"He was good to fight beside, he's strong and resilient" he whispered into your mind. "He barely let any enemy cross him. He was so fixated on the battle, and keeping me to his side. They both shielded me from bullets" he admitted.
"I'll have to thank them both" you scratched him behind the ears and saw Bucky sit on the arm of the couch since Cloud was taking up most of the room.
"I need to train Jasper and Snow more on domestication tomorrow" he sighed in your mind.
"They'll get there, this is new to them" you reminded him.
"Not as quick as Melody" he blew air out of his nose.
"She copied everything you did" you raised an eyebrow. "She was quick to learn. They will learn too. We all have different ways of learning"
"Can you ask Clint to stay in the living room for a bit tomorrow? I'll use him to help break them in a bit" he decided.
"Of course I will" you gave a serene smile and he got up and licked your cheek.
"I have to share you now" he grumbled and jumped down, and went to lay with Melody. You looked up at Bucky with a smile and he got up quickly and sat under your knees, pulling you close.
"That seemed to be a long conversation" he raised an eyebrow.
"We had a lot to talk about while the others are sleeping" you smiled at him easily. "I was reminded that I might need to protect you tomorrow while we are out"
Bucky let out a chuckle and looked at you shyly. "I could use all the help I can get" he smiled. "Speaking of, its almost Pup's feeding time, since its almost supper"
"He's been sleeping pretty hard" you started to pull him away from your chest and he let out a whine. You put him in the feeding position and he let out a small bark. "You were right, I guess I just needed to wake him up" you looked at him shyly and he handed you a bottle. You started feeding Pup and right away he was making a bit of a mess. You giggled, and Bucky's hand came up and started wiping at the excess milk.
"No wonder he needs three bottles, he gets almost a whole one out the side of his mouth" Steve looked over and chuckled.
"He's just a baby" you cooed. You looked up and saw Nat walk in with her Pup with an almost anxious look on her face and she sat beside Steve. He looked at her in surprise, and she handed over her pup and you could tell it was ripping at her heart strings.
"This is just a test, so she knows more people to be part of the pack" Nat spoke softly and Steve held the Pup close. She was a little bigger than Pup, but you figured she might have had more time with her mother than Pup did.
"How do I know if I passed the test?" Steve raised his eyebrow, while Bucky leaned into you more. You weren't sure where to look, but it was an interesting predicament.
"She seems to like you" Nat sighed a little.
"Steve is good with my Pup" you spoke softly. "He comes and gets him every morning to bring him for his breakfast before everyone else is up"
"Its still so hard, I want to protect her" Nat looked at you.
"The pack will protect her" you gave a smile. "That's what we all are, a pack or a family"
"Some more than most" Bruce came in with bottles and sat beside Nat and held her hand silently. "Its going to be harder once everyone is back to missions and training to focus on work. There will be three pups to take care of in the lab"
"Four" Tony walked in with his own Pup in a sling and carrying bottles with him.
"Four?" you looked up in surprise.
"Shield found a lone Pup in one of the bases we were going to raid. It was the last one, they are bringing her here tonight. I figure Wanda and Vision would appreciate the company" Tony shrugged. "I haven't actually asked them yet, but they way they act with them, I don't see them saying no"
"Another girl?" you gave a smile, and found yourself stop to look Bucky in the eyes. He grinned at you and took the bottle and handed you a new one. You gave a small flush. He didn't seem to miss anything.
"Pretty young too by the sounds of it" Tony nodded, and started feeding his Pup. You saw some milk get on his dress shirt, but he didn't seem to mind.
"I can help with the pups" Snow suddenly sat up.
"You need to work on domestication" Cloud reminded her.
"I can do both. When the humans are busy, I'll keep the pups warm" she spoke gently, and seemed to keen.
"You need to be at ease with the humans, they can feel you are timid with them" Cloud gave a small growl.
"I'm not used to humans" she admitted. "I'm trying, but with the pups I can help"
"Follow my lead" Cloud got up and jumped up behind Bucky. Bucky took his hand off Pup long enough to reach back and scratch him behind the ear. He jumped back down and did a stretch, then laid in front of Nat and Bruce and they both leaned down to give him more scratches. "Do you see how comfortable they are with me? That could be you too. That's tomorrow's lesson. Lets work on it tonight" Cloud decided.
Bucky touched the side of your face to get your attention back, and you gave a small smile to him and he smiled back until he felt Snow jump up in behind him. He turned and gave her a scratch behind the ears and you saw her lean into the touch. She jumped down after a few minutes, and you smiled softly at Bucky and touched his cheek.
"Thank you" you whispered to him and he flushed a bit. You saw her go over and Cloud moved out of the way so she could lay in front of Natasha and Bruce. They looked at you curiously for a moment before they started petting her and giving her scratches behind the ears as well. You switched to the third bottle and Pup let out a bark, while Nat's pup started letting out small whines and Bruce handed Steve a bottle who easily started feeding her.
"Snow wants to help with the Pups, so she's starting to work on domestication now" you finally explained when you saw Tony looking at you pointedly. "She can keep them warm when you are working in the lab, so it wont be so hard on you both. She needs to prepare for having her own pups anyways" you shrugged.
"She's doing a good job already" Nat cooed to her. "Thank you for letting us pet you, you are such a beauty"
"This feels good" Snow spoke to you, and you saw Jasper watching her like a hawk.
"She said what your doing feels good" you smiled to Nat. You felt Pup finish his bottle and slid your legs off Bucky and headed for the balcony doors.
"I'll go put these in the dishwasher, and I'll be right out" Bucky whispered to you, as Cloud got up and watched you protectively. He ran to the door before it closed and slipped out.
"I'm not ready to not have you being watched yet" Cloud followed you down the stairs.
"I'm fine" you spoke out loud for a change. "Its beautiful out" you took in the spring air.
"Let me worry, I'm an old man" he joked as you both got to the bottom and you let Pup down on the ground and he started walking around, staying close to you. You kneeled down in the grass, then sat with your legs to the side to watch him as he explored just a little bit more before he went to pee. Cloud started to play with him by nosing at him to go in different directions and you giggled. Bucky came down the stairs a few minutes later and sat on the side you were leaning on, so you were leaning against him instead.
"They're playing" you gave him an update.
"Are you okay with the museum tomorrow? We can go somewhere else" Bucky looked at you worriedly.
"I love the museum, but anywhere you choose is fine Bucky" you smiled at him, and he leaned into you a bit more, putting his head on your shoulder a bit. "I can pay for us to get in, if you're worried about money... or we could go for a walk instead"
Bucky started chuckling, and you could feel his whole body shaking from trying not to laugh.
"What is it?" you asked confused.
"With the amount Tony pays us, and the very little I spend, I have the money to go anywhere you want. I just wanted you to be comfortable. Plus, the government paid for the entire time I was in captivity as well" he admitted.
"I'm comfortable with you Bucky. I don't care if you have money or you don't. I just wanted to spend some time with you, just the two of us" you blushed. "Besides, it would be nice to get out for a change"
"Museum it is" he decided. "With a possibility of something more" he grinned.
"Are we taking my truck?" you turned your head to look at him, and flushed since he was so close to your face.
"My motorcycle" he decided. "Unless you're scared"
"I'll just hold you extra tight" you giggled a bit and Pup got back up on your lap and started trying to crawl higher.
"I like the sounds of that" Bucky looked to you more, and your faces were almost touching. You both gazed at each other for a moment and he started to move so he was facing you more. Your eyes flicked down to his lips for a moment then back up to his eyes, and you saw him do the same as he started leaning in just a little bit more.
"Oh for God's sake, just kiss her already" Tony came down the steps. Bucky pulled away at the same time you did, and you were both blushing.
"Great timing dumbass" Cloud growled. Tony put his pup in the grass and Cloud went over to try to get him to move around a little more by using his nose to get him to change direction. You were still blushing, and stood up with Pup.
"I'd better head in, supper should be ready soon" you blushed looking at Bucky and started up the steps. Bucky let out a loud sigh and looked at Tony as though looks could kill. He waited until you were fully inside before finally answering him.
"I've been trying to for two days" he grumbled. "You have bad timing Tony" he started up the steps while Tony chuckled to himself. His pup finally went to the bathroom and he picked him up and Cloud followed him up the steps again.