Sparring with super soldiers

You only woke up a few times during the night, by startling yourself awake. You would breathe in and out slowly and watch Bucky out on the balcony. Twice he was feeding Pup, but Cloud was right beside him keeping watch. Melody was snuggled right into you seeming contented to be as close as possible. You ran your hands through her fur and relaxed into her, letting sleep take back over. When you woke up the last time, you saw Bucky was watching the sunrise with Pup and Cloud and you smiled more to yourself. There was something about seeing them together that made you feel happy. You got up and went to the bathroom before brushing your teeth and hair. You made your way to the closet and put on your leggings for working out later, a sports bra, and a baggy t-shirt on top. You put on your sneakers and a sweater before heading out and going outside while Melody continued to snore on the bed.
"Did you boys have a good night?" you smiled as you came out the door.
"He's very vigilant" Cloud moved to the side so you could sit between them.
"It was a pretty quiet night. Just a few guards walked by" Bucky gave you a smile trying not to turn his head too much since Pup was wrapped around his neck almost. "Cloud kept me company all night, and stayed with you when I went to take Pup to the bathroom" he added quickly.
"Cloud is protective. Yesterday was a lot of news to take in" you started running your hands through his fur. "You both need some sleep this morning" you gave Bucky a soft smile and saw him flush a little.
"I'll sleep till lunch, then hit the gym with everyone else" he shrugged.
"You can't keep watch tonight" you gave him a sad smile. "We have a mission tomorrow; you need your rest"
"I can sleep on the plane" he shook his head.
"Bucky..." you hesitated before you raised your hand and touched his cheek and he looked at you a little shocked for a moment. "Not tonight, I'll be safe" you promised. "I need you to sleep. You are going into the base with me, and you know how important it is to me that Cloud is protected. If the base is live, there's more danger". He gazed into your eyes for a moment, and you knew he was thinking it over. He bit his bottom lip, and you held back from brushing your thumb across his lips. They looked so soft. You had to keep reminding yourself you were just friends. "I'll be safe" you pulled your hand away before you did something you would regret. "You've protected me enough"
"But some of the police are dirty" he shook his head, trying to bring back his resolve.
"They don't know that we know that" you gave a smile. "Get some sleep tonight. It will be fine"
"I'll think about it" he gave in. You knew internally you won.
"Good, now I need a walk" you stood up and he looked at you worriedly. "Did you want to join me?"
"Yeah, we just need to feed Pup first. He's about to start whining again" he smirked as he stood up. He followed you through the bedroom with Cloud right behind you. Melody woke up with a start and jumped off the bed to follow as you walked out the bedroom door. You saw Steve walking towards you both with two bottles in his hand and a grin.
"Its my turn with Pup" he came over. "He needs to start recognizing more scents like Melody said"
"What are you doing up so early punk?" Bucky flushed a bit looking at you then back to Steve.
"I had a lot to think about during the night. Didn't get much sleep" Steve admitted. "Its good to know how companions work now" he grinned at you.
"I knew you were listening" you giggled.
"Show me how to do this" he held out his arm for Pup and Bucky carefully put Pup in Steve's arm and corrected how he was holding him before showing him how to hold the bottle. Steve cradled Pup close and started bouncing him slightly.
"You need some napkins" you started but Steve shook his head.
"Clothes wash" he shrugged. "Go for your walk, I've got Pup" he looked pointedly at the door and you gave a small smile and a nod. Bucky went and opened the door for you, and you walked out with Cloud and Melody to your side and Bucky was right behind you. You started following Cloud who led the way through the parking lot and down to the trees. You saw a few of the police officers watching you both closely as Bucky walked a little closer to you. When you started going through the forest, Bucky chose to walk beside you while Cloud and Melody trotted ahead, going for small runs and circling back once in a while. You could tell they needed the walk more than you did. You started to trip over a branch and Bucky grabbed your quickly before you could fall.
"Thank you" you blushed a bit. "I didn't see that" you admitted.
"You watch the wolves more than you watch what's in front of you" he smirked. "Just like when you're walking through the compound, you sometimes space out a little" he chuckled.
"I'm usually listening to Cloud when I space out" you admitted. "Now I have Melody to listen to as well"
"Its kind of cute" he said out loud and you looked at him in surprise and he grinned at you, and you felt butterflies in your stomach. "I know I used to give you a hard time about it, but I always thought it was kinda cute" he flushed a bit, but continued looking forward as you both walked. You felt a blush across your cheeks.
"Cute is good, that's a promising word from Bucky" Melody called back.
"You're pretty cute too Melody" Cloud barked at her, and she shut up quickly. She held her head up and started running just a little bit quicker as they played through the forest.