Leash training

"How did the call go?" Clint asked as soon as you sat down. You gave a small frown and sighed putting your hand through your hair.
"She's coming to visit" you admitted and Tony looked up quickly. "She's bringing her companion Billy, and didn't give me a choice"
"When will she get here?" Tony asked suddenly.
"Friday" you blushed. "Can I sleep on the couch?"
"No, we have spare rooms for just in case things like family coming to visit. They are much smaller rooms on the second floor. It'll be fine" he shrugged. "How long is she staying?"
"The weekend, I told her I'm not taking time, so if there's a mission please make sure I'm on it" you gave him a pleading look.
"We only have a few missions for this week" Steve spoke up. "We were going to talk about the teams tomorrow that are headed out"
"Are you sure you want to go on a mission right now with Pup and Melody?" Nat asked you raising an eyebrow.
"I can't stop working. There might be other wolves or animals being experimented on. I want to help" you shook your head.
"Good, you'll be on team one. Nat will show Bruce how to feed Pup and we will take care of them as a team. Melody will have to train with the humans while you're out with Cloud" Tony shrugged. "I like your integrity" he added.
"You'd better put me on team one too Tony" Clint spoke up. "I like training her out in the field too"
"The missions we have aren't the deadest of bases" Steve admitted. "Its going to be two teams of four. Two to go in the base, two to keep watch and be back up"
"Shield just sent them over as high priority last night" Tony admitted. "We still haven't had much time to review them. We just know the intel is critical for a larger base"
"You plan to leave me and Pup with the humans?" Melody came over, putting her paws on the table looking over the table. She was beside Steve who looked at her in surprise.
"Paws off the table Melody, humans don't like that" Cloud told her. She didn't move, but kept her gaze on you.
"Until you are trained, and Pup is old enough to decide for himself what to do, yes. They are good humans, and they have names just like you and Cloud do. They wont be able to understand you like I can, but they can still understand body language. They are good humans" you spoke out loud for everyone's benefit. "Cloud is right, most humans don't like paws on the table. I don't mind in my house, but this isn't my house"
"Who's house is it?" she asked looking at each person at the table. "Who will take care of us and feed us? Who will take us to the grass?"
"Its their house" you answered simply.
"Its your house too" Tony rolled his eyes at you. "But I prefer no paws on the table" he looked at Melody who put her paws down promptly. "This is all of our home, yours too Melody, and Pups" he explained gently.
"They will be feeding you still, and taking you to the grass. You'll be safe here" you promised.
"Which human will train me on the leash?" she came around the table to look at you.
"I'll start with it today, I suppose" you gave a smile. "Who ever is here will help train you if I'm not here. This is a good pack, and they take care of each other"
"What about the not mate?" she wagged her tail. "Will he stay?"
"It depends on if he's on a mission or not" you continued to speak out loud and pup whined a bit.
"What is she worried about?" Steve finally asked.
"Who will take care of pup, and train her the way Cloud is trained" you spared him a glance while Clint filled your plate.
"I'm going to take care of Pup most of the time" Bruce spoke up. "I know he needs to eat every few hours and needs to go outside. We will all make sure you are both fed and go outside when you need it"
"If I'm not on a mission, I'll be helping Bruce. We are mates" Nat added, and gave a smile. Melody wagged her tail and went back around the table to look at Nat.
"Maybe you can talk to my human about getting a mate" she looked at Nat.
"I'm not repeating that" you said through the telepathic link.
"Where will we sleep?" she asked as you started eating.
"She asked where they will sleep" you told Nat gently.
"You both can sleep in our room" Nat gave Melody a smile and held out her hand to her to pat her on the head. "I'll even bring up one of the beds for you"
"What is this humans name, and what is her mates name?" Melody looked at you.
"Natasha and Bruce" you gave a small smile.
"Call me Nat" Nat looked at Melody.
"I like them" she decided and went back to her food.
"She said she likes you both" you told Nat and continued to eat.
"That takes Nat off the rotation for going on missions" Tony looked to Steve seriously. "Just this week" he added.
"Pietro and Peter too" Wanda perked up. "They have school. That leaves Vision and I for base two"
"Vision is quick with the computers" Tony acknowledged.
"Based on the base size we need heavy hitters in there too" Steve chewed on his food thoughtfully.
"Wanda's a heavy hitter" Sam quipped.
"You're on team two for outside of the base" Tony decided pointing at Sam. "That leaves Scott with you"
"What about team one?" Sam looked up expectantly.
"Bucky and I are going with team one" Steve decided. "Since Y/N and Bucky aren't at each other's throats anymore it would be good for them to work together"
You nearly choked on your food, and grabbed a glass of water quickly. "He just stopped hating me, what if it starts again when we are on the mission? You've heard him, he said he'd rather walk across hot coals over work with me"
"I don't think that's the situation any longer" Steve gave a smile. "You're on the same team. Get used to it"
You kept your thoughts to yourself, wondering if the return of sarcastic Bucky would come if you went on a mission together. You hoped that it was Clint that would go inside with you since he was always the voice of reason for you. You heard Pup start to whine and knew he was getting hungry more often and wondered about it silently. You finished your food quickly and Clint held out his hands to you and you handed him Pup while you took both your plates and put them away before making some more bottles.
"I forgot to take him out earlier, I better do that before I feed him" you said as you came back with both bottles.
"Don't stay outside too long" Clint warned you.
"I'll use the balcony off my room to bring him down. There's lots of guards down there" you gave a smile. He handed you back Pup and you balanced him and the two bottles as you headed back to your room with Cloud and Melody behind you. You saw Steve get up and put a plate of food in the fridge for Bucky on your way by. You went through your bedroom and walked past Bucky's room trying not to look in. You saw some movement from the side of your eye, but remained focused on bringing Pup down to the grass. You sat him down on the grass and sat down beside him letting him waddle around. Cloud and Melody went to do their business up in the tree line, but kept an eye on the two of you. You waited for Pup to pee, then picked him up again and he whined and gave a small bark.
"Mama's got you" you spoke to him softly and started to feed him the bottle again. Cloud and Melody eventually came back, and you continued to feed Pup feeling the milk get all down your dress. You gave a giggle as he was such a messy eater. You saw movement above you and looked up to see Bucky sitting on the stairs in his pajama pants and a white t-shirt eating his lunch and watching you down in the grass. You gave a shy wave and he waved back while he continued to eat. When Pup finished the first bottle, you set it down on the grass, and started feeding him the second one. One of guards walked too closely to you and you heard Cloud let out a small warning growl. You looked at him curiously, but he put his head back down on the grass after he passed.
"What's wrong Cloud?" you asked gently.
"I don't like the smell of some of them" he told you.
"I trust your instincts over mine" you admitted.
"Is there danger here?" Melody asked him.
"I'm always wary of danger" Cloud admitted. "I think we are safe enough here" he finally gave in. "The pack protects us, and we protect the pack"
Pup finished his bottle, and you set it down and put Pup back in the grass again and watched him waddle around for a few minutes. Melody and Cloud used their noses to push him in certain directions and he would whine but kept trying to come back to you. He finally went to the bathroom and you let him crawl back up on you. Cloud moved so he was laying behind you and you laid back in the grass for a moment with your head on his ribs, not thinking of much. Just enjoying the moment. Melody came over and laid right beside you and you put your arm around her while Pup snuggled up between your breasts.
"You shouldn't be out here that long" you heard a voice and opened your eyes and hadn't even realized Bucky had made his way down the stairs.
"You move so quietly" you observed. "I was just enjoying the sun" you gave a smile.
"Its not safe for you to be outside, come on, lets go back in" Bucky leaned down and took the baby bottles for you. The guard from earlier walked close by again, and both Melody and Cloud let out a warning growl.
"I don't like that one's smell either" Melody said to you gently. Bucky looked over with a raised eyebrow and was waiting for you to get up. You finally sat up completely and held Pup close to your chest as you started to follow him towards the stairs. He waited for you to go up first and looked to see Cloud and Melody were waiting for him to go up as well. Bucky seemed confused for a moment and started his way up the stairs.
"What's with the growling?" Bucky asked as you stopped at the top of the stairs.
"They don't like the way some of the guards smell" you shrugged. "I trust their judgement"
"You got some milk all over you" he nodded, and flushed a little.
"It'll wash. I'll go change. Did you get enough sleep?" you asked him gently as Cloud and Melody brushed past you.
"I did, I slept longer than usual" he gave a grin. "I actually had a good dream for once" he admitted. "Its been a while"
"Good, you need those" you smiled and he looked you in the eyes and you flushed again. "I'd better go change" you realized you were staring in his eyes again, they were such a beautiful blue.
"Yeah, I'd better change too" he gave a sheepish smile and watched you head into your room before he went into his own.