Labor

You didn't mean to, and you didn't know how it even happened. You were checking on your chemicals and your formula, seeing some alterations were made to your white board while you were out by Tony and Bruce. You could tell by the handwriting the difference between the two men, but they were spot on with their additional calculations. You had to make some alterations to the mixture to compensate. Before you knew it, you were being carried to bed in the dark of night by Bucky who was holding you closely, almost the same way that he would carry Blue sometimes. You barely got out a thank you before you passed out again, and woke up as the sun was rising in just one of Bucky's t-shirts and your panties, being held closely by the man himself. You risked giving him a soft kiss on the lips before slipping out of bed again. You had to go mix the formula, it was important. You went into the closet and slipped into a pair of shorts, but didn't bother putting anything else on as you padded quickly out of the room and heading back to the lab.
When you walked in, Bruce was already there checking on the chemicals to make sure everything was stirred correctly.
"Morning" you yawned as you got closer.
"Good morning, I thought I would let you sleep in this morning and work on this. We got the gist of it from your white board" Bruce gave a kind smile.
"I need to make sure nothing goes wrong" you frowned as you felt sick to your stomach from moving too quickly.
"Whoa, you okay?" Bruce asked worriedly. "Are you getting sick again?"
"I think it's just the bond" you shook your head, taking a seat and putting your head between your legs.
"Let me check your temperature" Bruce walked to his desk to get a touchless thermometer, and scanned you. He frowned a bit at how pale you looked, but your temperature was fine. He did another scan, just in case. "You seem fine," he said after a moment.
"It's just the bond" you gave a small smile and stood up, grabbing a glass stir stick and starting at your work. "I need to work on the bullet design I came up with. Glass canister tip to administer the serum" you gave a proud smile.
"You're going to need another whiteboard," Bruce chuckled.
"I think I will. It's been a while since I've been in the lab. It's nice. I'm not used to sharing my space" you admitted softly.
"It's nice having you in here for a change. Tony already started working on making a more permanent space for you, and was talking about taking out the smaller gym since it's not used all that often" Bruce stood back as you worked.
"I like my field work, it would be hard to get used to being inside all the time again" you smiled at Bruce gently.
"You never know, there might come a time where you are needed in the lab again. You are pretty good with this stuff, and it is what you went to school for" he reminded you.
"Until a lab accident got me into this mess" you giggled.
"Thank God for the lab accident" Bruce whispered softly. You looked at him curiously. "We like having you here," he added. "Besides, I've never seen Bucky so happy in all the years I've known him"
"Well, he was miserable at first," you giggled.
"Sometimes, humans are not that smart about their emotions. I know I hypothesized at first it was due to an attraction to you, I'm glad that I was right" he gave a proud smile. "The minute Tony told everyone your secret, we could all see an immediate change in him, right in this room in fact. He took a minute to take it all in, and then he just looked angry at himself for how he treated you. I think he had to come to terms for his feelings very quickly that day"
"I still remember it like it was yesterday. Nat made me take a nap, even though I didn't want to after getting shot. When I woke up to Steve shaking me awake, I turned slightly and saw Bucky sitting on my swing keeping watch. Steve told me he was guarding me. I always thought he was handsome, but that mouth of his once he gets started, that took away the attraction. I guess the minute that mouth stopped flapping, I couldn't ignore my feelings either" you giggled softly.
"It's nice to see you two so happy. It's even better now that all the extra stress is gone" he grinned.
"You're telling me" you giggled softly again. "I never thought I would be so glad for my flame powers in my life, but that last showdown was really something"
"I'm just glad I didn't have to hulk out," Bruce admitted. "You had it under control really, between you and your pack and uncle Brad"
"Uncle Brad could have probably taken care of everything on his own in a way. We did take out all of his mines though" you acknowledged.
"That must have been one hell of an explosion" Bruce smirked.
"It rocked the tree I was in" you nodded, and gave another yawn before you felt like being sick again.
"You sure you're feeling okay?" he asked softly.
"I'm good, great in fact" you nodded. "Let's get back to the drawing board" you pulled out the second white board and started putting on the design for the bullet idea you had for injecting the serum. You put a line down the center and added in an idea for if it was on an arrow, for Clint's sake. You got halfway through before you made a beeline for the bathroom. You barely made it before you collapsed to your knees and started vomiting what was left in your stomach from last night, and bile. You forgot to close the door and Bruce came to the door worriedly. He brought in the thermometer and scanned you again. He looked at it, and shook his head before going to get another one from his desk while you continued to be sick. He came back in with a new device and scanned you again, you groaned loudly as you flushed the toilet and rested your head on the lid of the toilet.
"You don't have a fever" he assessed, finally touching you with his hand.
"I don't feel good" you finally admitted.
"Maybe you need some rest Sunshine, why don't you go back to Bucky for a few hours. I've got this in here" he offered. "I'll get you a pass at breakfast"
"No, I can do this. I don't want to worry anyone. It's probably just the bond" you shook your head and slowly started to stand up before collapsing again and dry heaving anything left in your stomach.
"You're worrying me" he reminded you softly.
"I think today is the day for Snow" you coughed a little feeling cramps coming on. You felt a wave of pain and nausea hit you at the same time and just rested your head on the toilet seat, not wanting to move. It hit you so hard, you had tears hitting the back of your eyes, and they started trailing down your cheeks
"Let's go get something light in your stomach maybe, helps with soaking up what's left in there. It won't be so bad coming out" Bruce offered a hand to help you up. You looked at him for a moment and realized if you didn't get up Bucky would start to worry and you couldn't have that.
"Okay" you nodded meekly and accepted his help to stand up. You flushed the toilet and Bruce waited patiently while you washed your face and rinsed out your mouth, trying to get the bitter taste out.

When you got to the dining room you saw that the table was already filling up. Bucky had just come out and looked up at you worriedly at the way that Bruce was holding you.
"What's going on?" Bucky stood up and came around the table to take you from Bruce's arms.
"She's been vomiting, but she doesn't have a fever" Bruce frowned a bit. "She's getting pains too, we think its from the bond"
"Come on, let's get you in your seat and get you some tea" Wanda came over to help. You had another wave of pain hit you and you heard Snow audibly whimper.
"The plug came out" Snow whined to you. "They're coming"
"It's okay, we are going to get through this. Try to eat something" you spoke softly to her.
"I'll take that as confirmation that the pups are on their way" Tony looked at you.
"They're coming" you nodded. "Oh God" you felt another wave of pain hit you and your knees nearly buckled. Snow let out a low howl at the same time and Jasper moved to her side, licking her muzzle.
"I'll go and get started on making that tea" Wanda went into the kitchen to make you some peppermint tea while Bucky got you in your seat. Wanda came back a few minutes later and put the cup in front of you before she took her seat beside Vision. You felt like you were in agony, but tried to hide it as best as you could. Snow continued to whine softly as she tried to eat her breakfast. You took a few pieces of toast, but handed the platter to Bucky.
"Don't you want some egg's doll?" Bucky asked worriedly.
"I can't this morning" you shook your head, putting some light butter on your toast and eating it slowly.
"How about Bruce and I work on your experiment for today, take some time to be with Snow. We know this is important to your bond too" Tony said after a few minutes. The room was nearly deafening with silence as you whimpered once in a while and moved uncomfortably in your chair.
"Let me take you back to our room" Bucky whispered to you.
"Snow" you looked over in her direction and she came out to have Steve wipe her face. She let out a small howl again.
"Living room" she panted softly and you nodded, standing up and following her lead back to the suite. You saw the dog bed was already wet, and so were her hind quarters from the start of the process. You felt another wave of pain and hit your knees as she got into the doggy bed.
"I've got you doll" Bucky picked you up quickly. You hadn't even noticed he had followed you in. Jasper let out a whine and laid beside the doggy bed as Snow let out a howl and you cried out. Bucky put his arms around you tightly and sat on the floor beside where Jasper was and you reached out a hand to card your fingers through her fur. "We aren't leaving either of your sides" Bucky promised as you both cried out. You could feel the first pup coming quickly and looked to Snow, knowing this was part of the bond. You grit your teeth, and tried to bring her as much peace as you could with your thoughts and emotions.