The helmet

Blue let you put him down in the closet as long as he could still see you. You changed quickly into a white negligee and put on matching panties. You flushed seeing that your nipples showed slightly through. You wondered silently if this was something Bucky would like, and blushed at the thought of it. You picked up Blue and went to the bathroom, setting him down again and he waited patiently for you only letting out a few whines. When you went to look in the mirror and criticized yourself silently. The white reminded you of the white sweater they had taken from you when you were taken and you held back some tears and touched your neck. You picked Blue back up and headed to bed, snuggling in with him and laying facing the window. You took your phone out and turned on your liked songs and put it on shuffle. You turned up the music just enough that you wouldn't have to strain your ears to listen to it. Blue nuzzled into your neck and you slowly fell asleep.

You woke up screaming, and vaulted yourself off of the bed, Blue started to let out a howl as you scrambled against the wall and grabbing at your throat again, looking around blindly but only seeing the cell you were in again. You wanted to be sick, you could smell the stained blood and fecal matter again. You found yourself clawing at your wrists trying to pull free from the chains that were no longer there.
"Wake up doll" Bucky came running into the room in just his pajama pants. "Come on, wake up" he saw you scratching at your wrists and grabbed them. "You're safe Y/N" he spoke a little louder, and Blue let out another howl. "Doll, look at me" he pulled on your hands and you looked at him startled and tears started falling down your face. "Look at me" he spoke softly, and picked you up and brought you to the bed. He sat down and put you on his lap and Blue came over howling again and Bucky started to pet him before picking him up with his spare hand and putting him on your lap. You couldn't stop crying and wrapped your arms around his neck and laid your head on his shoulder. Blue let out another howl from your lap and you knew he was hungry, and worried about you.
"Mama" Blue kept saying over and over again.
"You're safe with me" Bucky whispered gently. "I wont let anything happen to you again"
"I'm sorry" you finally started coming around. "I didn't mean to wake you" you hic-cupped softly.
"Don't worry about waking me, I wasn't sleeping anyways" he lied. "Are you awake now?" he asked gently and you nodded.
"Mama" you heard Blue again.
"I need to feed Blue" you wiped at your face. "He's been crying my name"
"Let me grab the bottles" he shifted slightly and grabbed one while you shifted in his lap trying to be mindful of yourself. You sat up a bit more and he passed you the first bottle and you grabbed Blue and put him in the feeding position. He started eating quickly, and Bucky moved again to grab the paper towels beside your bed and started wiping his face. Bucky used his free arm to rub your back as silent tears still fell down your face. You sniffed a few times, giving yourself away that you were still crying. Bucky leaned down and kissed you on the top of your head. Blue almost finished the first bottle, and Bucky reached for the next one and held it out to you before you took it and he went back to wiping Blue's face.
"Are you feeling better?" Bucky asked softly.
"It was just a bad memory" you sighed softly.
"You hurt your arms a bit" he kissed the top of your head again.
"I was trying to get the shackles off" you had to chuckle a little at yourself. "Its stupid, it felt so real"
"You'll have to let me take a better look after, I don't want you to get any infections" he whispered into your hair.
"But then you'll see my crying face, its not pretty" you pouted a bit.
"I've seen it before, I still think your beautiful" he chuckled. "Don't worry so much"
You both sat in a comfortable silence, while you were still pushing the memory away. Bucky passed you the last bottle and you gave him the second empty one. You felt him rock you slightly, and heard him humming softly to the music as it played on your bedside table.
"I must play this song a lot" you realized speaking softly.
"I don't mind, it's a pretty song" he wiped Blue's face again. "You played it, that day you had Clint watch Blue while you took a bubble bath" he gave a small smile. "I could hear it on the balcony"
"You remember the smallest things" you marveled.
"Its easy when it comes to you" he chuckled, and Blue finished his third bottle. You smiled softly to yourself feeling blessed that he was so sweet. "Before we take him out let me take a look at your arms" Bucky took you off his lap, and put you on the bed, and went and turned on the light. You both blinked at the sudden light, but he gave a smile seeing what you were dressed in. You saw his eyes trailed up and down you and he flushed a bit before coming towards you and he knelt in front of you and took your arms looking at them. You had only scratched them up a bit, and there was no blood.
"Does it hurt?" he asked you seriously.
"A little" you admitted softly.
"Lets put a cold cloth on it for a minute" he went into your bathroom and grabbed a cloth. You heard the sink running for a moment before he came back and placed a cold cloth on each arm. You hissed at first, but quickly got used to it. "You stay here, I'll run Blue out" he stood up and grabbed Blue from you. "Just leave your arms like that for a minute" he gave a soft smile. You nodded and stayed seated, and waited silently for him to bring Blue back. You listened for the howls outside and got up to put the cloths to hang up in the bathroom once your arms felt a little better. You went back to the bed, and put the three bottles to the side, and sighed heavily. Bucky came back in with Blue and handed him to you.
"I'm going to stay, if that's okay" Bucky spoke softly, and you flushed but nodded.
"I'm not sure I want to sleep" you admitted.
"Come on" he pulled back the blanket and looked at you expectantly. You sat on the side of the bed, and he went and turned off the light, and hurried back. He got in the bed on the side closest to the balcony door, laying on his back and looked at you. You finally laid back with Blue and curled into his side, with your head on his chest. Bucky wrapped his arm around you and you nuzzled in a bit more while Blue snuggled in on his chest.