Nightmare pill

"Are we being followed tonight?" Steve asked as you drove him, going slightly over the speed limit.
"No, I'm just tired to be honest" you admitted. "Clint really worked me hard today"
"I saw, you really need to work on your defensive moves. You seem confident with your offensive" he acknowledged.
"Between Nat and Clint training me on that, I feel confident in it. Defense is weak because I keep getting flashbacks of getting hit" you admitted softly. "My flame powers work great though" you gave a prideful smile. "Tony works hard on that with me"
"He seems to enjoy having you in the lab" he nodded. "Its nice that we see you around the compound more too"
"Cloud says it's a safer den to live in" you smiled easily, and stopped at a drive thru. "Want anything?" you looked at him and he shook his head. You ordered a tea to have when you got home, then made your way back to the compound. "Is there something wrong with my nightgowns?" you finally asked. "Bucky told me to cover up last night, and it hurt my feelings. Do I look that bad?"
"No, you look good in them" he flushed a deep red. "We are just old fashioned guys"
"Oh, I guess I'll put on a robe then so I don't insult him further" you nodded more to yourself.
"I don't think you are insulting him..." he started and you looked at him with a cocked eyebrow. "I don't know what's going on in his head sometimes" he admitted still blushing.
"Old fashioned makes sense, you're both over a hundred, technically" you shrugged. "I just don't want to rock the boat any further. Tony said in a few months I'll have a suite, so I just have to mind myself a bit more until then. Or until Shawn's back in jail and I can go home"
"You already admitted he doesn't stay in jail" Steve reminded you.
"Let me dream a little. I bought that cabin on my own" you whispered. "It's got lots of land for Cloud to run on. Its weird for both of us now"
"I don't mind, as long as you're safe" Cloud spoke in your mind, and you pat him on the head. You quickly parked the truck and grabbed your tea before getting out and locking the doors.
"Thanks for the drive, I did have fun tonight" Steve smiled at you as you both walked in the door. You saw Bucky was reading by the front door again, and wondered silently about it.
"Good night gentlemen" you headed for your room after giving Steve a smile. You quickly closed the door as soon as Cloud got in.
"You going to tell me what's going on yet?" Bucky put down his book and looked at Steve.
"What do you mean?" Steve tried to look confused.
"Why the sudden interest in her. Are you sweet on her?" Bucky asked softly.
"No, nothing like that" Steve shook his head. "I just went for a drive to see the boys with her"
"That's two nights in a row" Bucky reminded him. "She gets shifty every time her phone goes off, and now she wants a new number. Is she in trouble?"
"You haven't cared since she joined, why are you suddenly interested?" Steve turned the tables on him.
"I'm not interested" Bucky shook his head, and a slight flush went on his cheeks. "I don't trust her, she has a secret"
"People are allowed to have secrets Buck" Steve shook his head at him. "Good night" he headed to his room.
"What's going to be so good about it? She's going to wake us all up screaming again" Bucky called to him and stalked to his room wondering why the hell he did suddenly care. You had been elusive since you started, and stayed away from him when he tried calling out the fact that you were hiding something. He didn't trust your secret. He was surprised that you had nightmares as badly as he used to though. The more he saw you interact with the team, the more he found you interesting. You were like a puzzle he couldn't solve. He was man enough to admit you were beautiful, even without the makeup. He shook his head at himself and got changed for bed.

You got dressed in a short white lace nightgown with matching panties and put on your robe before grabbing your tea and going out onto the balcony. You loosely tied the sash and put up your feet and opened up a book while you sat outside just listening to the wind through the tree's. Cloud came out and sat in front of the swing while you swung softly back and forth.
"You forgot your music pup" he looked at you.
"I just thought it would be nice to listen to the wind tonight. Its peaceful here at night. It reminds me of home the way it used to be" you gave a small smile. "You should go in and rest, I'll be in shortly. We have a mission tomorrow"
"I'll wait" he sat stubbornly.
"You keep vigil most of the night, I'd rather you didn't tonight. We need you at your best for tomorrow. I'll lock the balcony door, I promise" you spoke gently to him.
"What if he comes?" he asked.
"We are safe here Cloud. Take the rest" you smiled, and took another sip of your tea.
"When you come in, I'll rest" he finally gave in. You read through your chapter, and put the book down and sighed looking at him.
"I'll take the pills tonight so I sleep through the nightmares" you decided. "That way I don't wake anyone up"
"That keeps you trapped in them" he looked at you in surprise.
"Its better to be trapped in the nightmare than to keep waking people up" you put on a brave smile. "Lets go to bed"
"I'd rather you just woke them up" he barked gently at you.
"It'll be okay Cloud. Its just for a bit" you went in and took your pills with the rest of your tea and laid down on the bed. You pulled out your phone, forgetting that Bucky or Steve could hear your music and put on some sad love songs again, and quickly fell into a drug induced sleep.