Regeneration machine

When you woke up, you felt disoriented and could feel the pull of an IV in your hand. You were in the regeneration machine and felt closed in. You could feel the heat pouring off of you, and you were in extreme pain. You knew the only thing that could help with the pain and you looked around the room.
"Bucky?" your voice came out raspy, and your mouth felt dry.
"He's with the pack, Sunshine" you heard Bruce's voice from beside you. "They can still feel your pain." he explained gently, and you could hear their howls.
"I need Bucky" you felt tears falling down the side of your face.
"Not yet, we just put you in here. It was a close one that time" Bruce moved slightly in his chair. "Just try to take a few deep breaths" he continued to speak softly. You saw Doctor Cho come into the room, and her gown was full of blood that you knew was your own.
"Please, I need Bucky" you were panicking and put your hand on the glass. You saw you still were bleeding when you raised your head.
"Not yet Sunshine" Bruce whispered.
"That was too close, what happened?" Doctor Cho came over closer. You looked past her and saw your ruined suit was in the garbage.
"They were trying to hurt my mate" you growled, not fully in your own mind. Hearing the words come out of your mouth, it almost sounded wolflike.
"It's the heat," Bruce explained gently. "She's taken on the personality of a wolf a little bit"
"Bruce, I need my mate" you could feel the heat coming off of your skin. "I need to see he's safe"
"You need to stop moving" Doctor Cho gave you a level gaze.
"I want Bucky, and I'll stop moving" you promised.
"You are just going to take a little nap, I'm surprised the anesthesia wore off already" you saw Doctor Cho came over, and put a needle in one of the IV bags attached to you. You pushed angrily at the lid of the machine, but it was already locked in. You quickly felt tired, and fell back asleep. Doctor Cho looked at Bruce and sighed heavily. "You should add that to your notes on the companion bond" she let him know. "I'm going to tell the team"
"I'm going to stay here" Bruce nodded. "She shouldn't be alone, just in case"
"It's going to be a while" she warned him, and he nodded in acknowledgment.

"We were lucky" Doctor Cho came out, and went into Bruce and Tony's lab. "She's going to be okay" she announced. Bucky looked up from where he was still holding Blue and rocking him while he howled. The wolves hadn't stopped howling yet, and the team were starting to assume the worst. They all collectively let out a sigh of relief, and Clint looked like he was going to faint from worry.
"Thank God" Bucky sighed heavily, and gave Blue another kiss on top of the head.
"She's burning through the anestesia quickly, she woke up asking for her mate" Doctor Cho raised her eyebrow. "Interesting choice of words I think"
"It's the heat" Clint nodded.
 "Can I go in?" Bucky asked gently, standing up and still holding Blue.
 "She's barely in the regeneration machine, she's going to be a while. Why don't you go feed your pup?" she was trying to say no kindly.
 "I need to see my mate too" he flushed saying it outloud. "I just need to see her. I won't touch her"
"I don't want fur in my lab" she shook her head. "I'll just hold him, he won't be any trouble" Bucky promised, still holding Blue close. "He just needs to see his mama"
"Fine, but no touching her. You need to wait for her to heal. It was too close that time" she finally consented. Bucky walked over to the door and pushed past her and headed in. Bruce saw Bucky come in and gave him a small smile and stood up to offer him his seat.
 "Don't touch the IV's" Bruce reminded him softly. "I'll go see Nat" he left.
 Bucky sat down and held Blue who seemed to calm down now that he could see you. The other wolves are still howling in the next room. He let out a few barks, looking at you expectantly. "She's sleeping Blue, let mama sleep" he whispered, gazing down at your face. You were so pale and so still. He saw the blood trickling out of you still, even with the butterfly stitches keeping the large wound closed. It looked like they had to cut you open a bit more to remove the dagger. He felt angry at the fact that Hydra had made a new weapon, and wondered softly what would happen if the dagger had been just a little bit higher. He was thankful you were okay. He could see the bruising on your skin, where you had been protecting him from the falling rubble, and it was quickly disappearing. The regeneration machine lid was starting to steam up from the warmth of your body. He watched you for a long time, and Blue barely moved, except once in a while he would let out a small bark. You slowly opened your eyes after the wound looked like a scratch, and was still healing, and you looked over and gave a slow smile to Bucky and Blue. Blue immediately started barking and whining.
 "Mama, love mama" Blue kept saying over and over. "Mama hurt" he added.
 "Mama is okay Blue" you finally whispered, but your eyes were on Bucky's. You could see the relief in his eyes, and the love that was reflected in them.
 "Are you okay?" you asked Bucky softly.
 "Doll, I've never been so relieved in my life" his face broke out into a smile. "You scared me" he finished.
 "You promised cuddles" you reminded him. "I think the pack needs to see you first, and you'll need to eat" he chuckled a little bit.
 "I don't want food" you growled.
 "I think you'll need the energy" he gave his flirty smile. "You need to see your pack, and you need to eat and be my good girl"
"And then cuddles?" you asked softly.
 "More than you can handle" he promised. You noted that the howling stopped, and sighed heavily knowing you were going to remain stuck in the regeneration machine for a bit longer. You felt the tug from the IV as you tried to move your hand. You heard a door click and several barks as Clint came in with a mischievous smile with Cloud, Jasper, Snow and Melody following him closely.
 "Doctor Cho doesn't know I'm in here. We gotta be quiet you guys" Clint came closer and smiled widely at you. "There she is"
 "Hi papa Clint" you gave a small nervous smile when Bucky stood up and put a sheet over the glass top to give you your modesty.
 "You are off missions the rest of the week, so is Bucky. We are going back to them next week" Clint came closer while Cloud jumped up and looked down at you.
 "You scared me Pup" Cloud spoke accusingly.
 "You should be proud of Jasper" you told him quickly. "He was perfect, just like having you there"
"That's not the point, stop deflecting. What were you thinking?" Snow jumped up sassing you. "You have a pup, you shouldn't have gone! Do you know how worried I was. The heat is not something you can work with. You humans are so irresponsible, you are lucky we are here to take care of you" she continued.
 "I was so worried" Melody added in.
 "She was protecting her mate, just like you ladies would. I'm proud of our Luna" Jasper nosed at Snow.
 "What's a Luna?" you asked curiously.
 "The queen of the pack, your mate is the king of the pack" Jasper explained.
 "That pain was unbearable" Melody looked at you accusingly.
 "Mama hurt" Blue barked again.
 "I'm sorry" you finally spoke out loud.
 "What are you sorry about, kid?" Clint asked, pulling up a chair beside Bucky.
 "I hurt them" you turned your eyes to look at Bucky again.
"We let you down, you shouldn't have been on the mission" Clint shook his head. "It's not happening again while the girls are in heat"
"That would be appreciated, but I need my mate" you looked back at Bucky pointedly and he couldn't even hide the smile on his face.
 "Your mate needs you too" Bucky whispered softly.
 "I'd better get out of here, come on pack. Tony's ordering pizza and brownies for supper" Clint stood up.
 "I'm not leaving" Snow scoffed.
"You need to, or else we will all get in trouble. Doctor Cho doesn't want us in here this time" Cloud barked at her.
 "She was wounded before and she let us in" Melody pointed out.
 "There weren't as many of us before" Cloud sniffed at Melody. "I do smell food, and a little something else" Cloud's voice seemed to lower a bit.
 "Come on you guys" Clint urged them, and the pack followed him out hesitantly.
 "I can't wait to touch you" Bucky whispered to you.
 "I need you to touch me" you whined.
 "Don't tempt me doll, this is hard enough as it is. I'm getting affected by this heat too" Bucky finally admitted.
 "I noticed that" you flushed. "I have to wait for uncle Brad to call, or we could always write to him"
"We did promise him pictures" Bucky reminded you. "He would love to see Blue" you cooed softly.
You heard the door open again and Tony came in. You heard a growl rip out from Bucky and looked at him surprised.
 "I came to apologize, I know I was wrong" Tony put up his hands, half expecting to get hit again. "I tried to concentrate past the bond" you looked to Tony.
 "I need to brush up on my knowledge on wolves" Tony gave a small smile. "The bond is a lot stronger than I anticipated"
"You shouldn't be here Tony" Bucky looked at him.
 "She's my protege too, just let me see her" Tony sighed.
 "We are staying in our bedroom until the heat is over" you felt a bit weak trying to make your demands.
 "I get it" Tony nodded. "Wait, our?"
"Our" Bucky nodded. "You have a free room"
"Good to know" Tony smirked. "I ordered pizza. How is the healing?" he went to peek under the sheet and Bucky slapped the sheet back over you giving a protective growl.
 "I'll wait on Doctor Cho to come back in" he took a step back and chuckled to himself as he walked back out with his hands up in surrender.
 "Y/N, I need you to listen to me" Bucky looked at you and put his hand against the glass. "I've been going from fight to fight for over ninety years. I had this little bit of peace when I was in Wakanda, and came back to fight beside Stevie again, to help make things right. But when I'm with you, I have peace again. You can't take risks like that again, I need you with me. I saw that dagger coming, and I was going to deflect it. You scared me when you jumped in front of me. Please, don't take away the one thing that makes me happy" he spoke softly and you looked at him surprised.
 "You are my peace too" you felt tears well up.
 "You are my life now, I love you so much. You scared me" he seemed so sincere when he spoke to you.
 "I just acted on instinct" you shook your head. "I can't lose you either" you sighed. "I love you so much too" you wanted to cry. You heard the door open again and sighed feeling like the moment was being stolen from you.
"For God's sake..." Bucky looked up growling and saw Doctor Cho came in and raised her eyebrows. "I thought you were someone else" he flushed. Blue let out a bark, and Doctor Cho pulled back the sheet.
 "You're all done, but you might be a little light headed for a few days" she unlocked the machine and opened it up for you. You sat up quickly and almost fell back. Bucky stood up beside the machine and pulled you close to his chest until the dizzy spell went away. He kissed the top of your head and Blue stretched his head to lick your face.
 "You need to put this on" she handed you a hospital gown. You nodded and Bucky stood back while you slipped it on. He handed you Blue and you wrapped your arms around your pup happily.
 "Shower, and fresh clothes" Bucky slipped his arms under you and picked you up. Doctor Cho opened the door for him to walk out.

AN: Thank you G.S. for the edits and assist