babysitting

OCTOBER 28, 1991

-----

"I really hope you don't mind, I really can't get anybody else to watch him since Will's out of town." Mary Jo pleads, dropping off Ryan at Christian and Winona's apartment.

"It's really nothing, We don't have until later tonight for our flight. We'd be happy to watch him" Winona smiles.

"Yeah no need to worry, Mom" Christian nodded. "Also, Do you think he can come along to the studio later? I have an interview"

"Sure" Mary Jo replied "Just as long as you promise to behave yourself at the studio" She knelt down to Ryan's level.

"Okay, Mom" Ryan beamed.

"I'll be picking you up here later at six" She kissed his forehead. "Take good care of your brother" Mary Jo moved on to kiss Christian's forehead.

"Mom-" He frowned. Causing Winona to suppress a chuckle.

"What? Think it's embarrassing for your mother to kiss your forehead in front of your girlfriend?" Mary Jo raises an eyebrow, sassily.

Winona presses her lips in a thin line, trying her best to not smile uncontrollably.

Christian stays silent and looks away.

"That's what I thought" Mary Jo chuckles, turning to Winona and wrapping her in a hug. "Happy early birthday, Winona"

"Thank you" Winona grins and hugs her back.

"Alright, bye bye everyone!" Mary Jo walks out the door.

"Bye!" Ryan waved.

"Bye!" Christian and Winona said in unison.

For the rest of the day, they got some fast food for lunch with Ryan. Until it came to the late afternoon and they were at the Arsenio Hall studio.

"Ryan, do you want to watch Christian by the side?" Winona offers Ryan, referring to watching outside with the audience, instead of backstage on the monitor.

"Okay!" Ryan replied excitedly.

Right before they went on their way out of backstage, Winona wished Christian good luck.

"Me and Ryan and going to watch with the audience, Good luck" She smiled and gave him a kiss.

"Alright, Have fun" He kissed her back.

"Ew!" Ryan ran up to them, seeing them kiss.

"Tsk" Christian scoffed, ruffling up Ryan's hair.

"Hey!" Ryan groans, fixing his hair.

"Okay, Let's go Ryan" Winona rolls her eyes playfully, grabbing his shoulder and leading him to turn the other way and the way out backstage.

The show starts "Please welcome, Christian Slater!" Arsenio announces and Christian walks out to the spotlight.

Everybody screams and cheers for him as he walked out. Winona and Ryan cheered on with them, clapping along, Both of them standing together beside the big wooden stands.

"Wow!" Arsenio shouted blending in with the loud cheers.

"Wow!" Christian shouted back.

"That has to feel real good" Arsenio said.

"Yeah, It's definitely something. It feels pretty damn good" Christian laughs.

"Now, You have these wonderful ladies screaming, Does it bother the wonderful lady who you've been in love with for a while when she hears that?"

Christian turns his head to Winona by the stands and they meet eyes and exchange amused looks as the audience 'oohs'.

"Uhh" He hums cheekily.

"Oh another question- so you added another room to your house ooh" Arsenio pretends to change the subject jokingly. "So, How does your lady?"

"How does she react to all that? Very very well, you know. I mean, it's just a beautiful thing, how can you not appreciate all of that. It's wonderful."

"Tell them, What makes Winona so special. The thing about her that made this the one."

"Well basically, one of the things I learned about Winona is that she has a real strong sense of security with herself. All this you know wonderful reaction I might receive from other people, she's able to handle that kind of thing, she's comfortable with who she is, you know that makes me feel comfortable around her" Christian smiles.

"That's cool"

"Yeah, I like it"

Arsenio talks to Christian about SNL and him meeting Jack Nicholson for the first time.

"Let's take a quick commercial, come right back with Christian Slater" Arsenio said into the camera.

A couple feet away, Winona gave Ryan a plastic cup of water from the water dispenser because he said he was thirsty.

When Arsenio announced the commercial break she looked up from watching Ryan, she caught Christian looking at her.

He mouths to her 'Everything good?'

She smiles and nods, then gives a thumbs up. He smiles back and nods back.

After the commercial break, Arsenio starts up the interview again and he ends up calling Ryan to sit with them. They were looking at a photo of Christian as a child.

"You kinda look in that picture like this little one you're babysitting for today" Arsenio points to Ryan

"Yeah we're sort of hanging around, we're palling around this is my brother, right here" Christian looks his way too. "Can he come here?"

Winona gestures for Ryan to go up. "Go ahead, Ryan"

Everybody claps as Ryan walked up to the platform and sat down with Christian on the couch.

"Hey now!" Arsenio smiles at him. "Do me a quick favor, Look into that camera there and say 'We'll be right back with Elizabeth Ashley'"

"We'll be right back with Elizabeth Ashley" Ryan says into the camera, smiling shyly.

Christian and Arsenio laugh and the ending music ends, signifying that they're about to go on a commercial break and Christian's interview was done.

Later, Mary Jo picked up Ryan and Winona and Christian got to their flight to Colorado for her birthday trip.

-----

THEIR CUTE MOMENTS ARE SO AGH IM SCREAMING

AND WHENEVER THESE TWO TALK ABOUT THE OTHER IN THEIR INTERVIEWS IS JUST SO CUTE TELL ME DO YOU THINK ITS CUTE TOO

ill be posting an snl chapter that takes place a couple days from this bc i decided to write this first lol

also im very sorry if i maybe offended @jdeeznutzzz by replying 'lmao suck it /j /j /j /j /j /j /j' to him finding out he was an unplanned child very sorry but you should also read the chapters you missed please please please

-cheska<33