red lipstick

JANUARY 19, 1991
Beverly Hills, California

-----

"Noni, Do you know where my other tie is?" Christian walked into their bedroom, in his suit.

"I think so, check the top drawer" Winona replied as she put on the last touches of her makeup, in a black V-neck cocktail dress.

The pair was getting ready to go to the Golden Globe awards, where Winona was nominated for best supporting actress in a motion picture in Mermaids with Christian coming as her date

He found his tie in the drawer and put it on in front of the mirror beside her.

Winona turns to him and holds up two lipsticks "Quick Ian, Should I go with red or nude lipstick?"

"Red lipstick matches you better, Love" He grins, leaning down and giving her a kiss.

They pull back and she smiles "Then red it is"

-----

Christian and Winona arrived at the Beverly Hilton hotel 40 minutes later. The doorman opens the door of their limo and Winona exits first, Christian sliding out after.

The photographers started snapping and greeting them as they walked down the carpet together hand in hand leading up to the entrance of the ballroom.

They were both smiling for the photos and videos of the arrivals were being broadcasted.

"Winona! Christian! Wave here please!" A guy operating a broadcasting camera asks as they passed by him

"Where?" Christian mumbles, still smiling.

"Here" Winona beams as she pointed out to the camera a few feet away from them. They both turn to him and waved at him excitedly, smiling widely.

They eventually got to the ballroom and took their seats, everybody else started arriving at the ballroom too.

The show starts as the lights dim "Tonight from the International ballroom of the Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, California. It's the forty-eighth annual golden globe awards!"

The audience erupts of claps as the announcer introduces all the hosts.

An hour and 11 winners later, it was finally time to announce the category of best supporting actress.

"Can I have a sip of your champagne?" Winona chortled leaning over to Christian whispering in his ear.

"Are you sure?" He snickered, turning to her and whispering back. "You're barely even twenty yet"

"The water tastes bland, just a sip" She shrugs.

"Alright here" He chuckles as he hands her his glass.

Winona takes a sip and places it back, leaning back into her chair beaming at Christian.

Mickey Rooney and Macaulay Caulkin walked onto stage together.

There was a shiny silver platform for both of them serving as a step stool to reach the mic so they both climbed on.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, We're both very proud to be here" Mickey starts "And I'm proud to be able to announce the best performance by an actor in a supporting role in a motion picture. And the nominees are.."

"Lorraine Bracco, Goodfellas" Macaulay reads. Everybody claps (just imagine everybody clapping after another nominee is announced.

"Miss Whoopi Goldberg, Ghost"

"Diane Ladd, Wild at Heart" 

"Shirley MacLaine, Postcards from the edge"

"Mary McDonnell, Dances with wolves"

A cameraman walks to the table where Winona and Christian were seated.

"Winona Ryder, Mermaids" Mickey announces.

Everybody claps again and Christian claps with them, she glances at him and grins.

"And the winner is.." Macaulay opens the envelope.

"And the winner is as Macaulay says" Mickey repeats.

"Best performance by an actress in a supporting role in a motion picture is Whoopi Goldberg" Macaulay reads, and says into the mic.

Everybody cheers and claps, and Winona grins as she watched Whoopi walk up the stage, more than happy for her.

-----

HI new year new chapter :D

-cheska<33