Chapter 21

Chapter 21

The two teenagers stood shaking in front of the front door of Katsuki's house. They were completely soaked and the rain still hadn't let up, the wind as chilly as ever. Katsuki fiddled with the keys in his hand, trying to find the one that opened the door. It was a surprisingly difficult task considering the constant shivering that made his hands shake.

The door in front of them opened, making them both look up to a serious Mitsuki holding some folded towels in one hand. "And where the hell did the two of you run off to? I've been trying to call you for the past five minutes!"

"S-Sorry Auntie," Izuku apologized, hugging his body tightly trying to get some warmth. Mitsuki pulled the two of them inside and closed the door, throwing a towel over their heads.

"I don't mind you guys going out, but at least pick up the damn phone," she scolded, crossing her arms with a frown. Katsuki fished for his phone from his back pocket and held it up, watching as it dripped with water. It was definitely drenched and not functional. Same thing with Izuku's phone.

"We went to visit Auntie Inko, we didn't know there would be a god damn storm," Katsuki mumbled, putting the phone back in his pocket and ruffling his hair with the towel to get it dry. He and his mother haven't really talked since the lunch incident, and it didn't seem like any of them would bring up the topic.

Mitsuki simply nodded her head slowly and narrowed her eyes, telling them to get a warm shower before either of them got sick. The two boys hurriedly took their soaked shoes and socks off, leaving them by the entrance and rushed up the stairs, heading to Katsuki's bedroom after grabbing their bags they had left on the ground.

"I'm surprised she didn't scold us further," Izuku chuckled, having his towel wrapped around his shoulders. Katsuki shrugged, the two of them rummaging through their bags for clean clothes.

"It's probably because we went to visit Auntie. She wouldn't get mad about that," Katsuki explained. "Go ahead and take a shower first. I don't wanna deal with your whiny ass if you get sick."

"Me?" Izuku snorted, raising an eyebrow at the blond. "You're the one that acts so tough and mighty but can't even stand up when you get a mild fever. I rarely get sick."

"Oi!" Katsuki frowned, throwing his towel at Izuku. "That was only once and I had the damn flu."

"Oh really?" Izuku teased with a playful smirk. Katsuki sent him a deathly glare, making him chuckle and raise his arms up. "Whatever you say, big guy."

"Tch, whatever, you stupid nerd," Katsuki grumbled. "I'll take the damn shower since you fucking insist. Don't be whining if I take long."

"I won't," Izuku said with a sheepish smile. Huffing, Katsuki stomped out of the bedroom and went to take his shower. The greenette looked around the blond's room, noticing how ordinary it looked. Most of his things had been moved to the dorms, the only things left behind being his bed, two All Might posters, and a few figurines. The closet barely had any clothes in it, just old ones that probably didn't fit Katsuki anymore.

Izuku wandered around the room absentmindedly, running his fingers on every surface and trying to find something interesting. The last time he had been inside that room was the night of the incident, and although it had been a few months ago, he felt nostalgic. He had always admired how the blond kept his room so tidy, whereas his was All Might forward and not-so-tidy most of the time. Katsuki would make fun of him for it, but would always help him clean up afterwards.

A yawn escaped Izuku's lips as he sat down on the floor in front of the bed. The sun was starting to set and he felt exhausted from the day he had. He couldn't help the small silly smile that overtook his features as he recalled the day. What Katsuki did for him was so thoughtful on his part and he had so much fun on the way back to the house. Hell, he so desperately wanted to believe that what happened at the ice cream parlor was a date. That would certainly be a wish come—