Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Izuku and Katsuki waited by the school gates for the blond's mother to pick them up for the weekend. They sat on a bench quietly, watching other students make their way out and greet their familiars. Izuku was against the idea of going to the Bakugo's household, but Mitsuki refused to leave the boy alone for the weekend. Specially after what they were told only a few days ago. Plus, after Mitsuki got the greenette's custody, Izuku had only stayed at their house once.

The blaring of a horn caught their attention, and Katsuki rolled his eyes once he saw his mother's enthusiastic waving from the car. The boys got up from the bench and approached the gates, a security guard stopping them. Katsuki showed him the permission signed by their teacher, and the security guard let them out. Izuku trailed behind the blond, holding the straps of his bag like his life depended on it.

"Izuku, honey! It's been a while since I last saw you," Mitsuki grinned, getting out of the car to give the greenette a bone-crushing hug. Izuku accepted the tight squeeze, letting out a faint chuckle.

"It's nice to see you too, Auntie," he said, offering her a small smile once she let go. She smiled back at him, ruffling his green curls and turning to her son.

"Where's my hug, you brat?" Mitsuki asked him, smacking the back of his head. Katsuki glared at her and smacked her hand away, heading to the passenger side of the car.

"You're parked in the middle of the damn street, you old hag. Let's go already." Katsuki grumbled, ignoring his mother's question. Mitsuki rolled her eyes and Izuku chuckled, the three of them getting inside the car. Izuku spent most of the car ride watching the passing scenery while the other two bickered back and forth. The greenette felt out of place—he didn't belong there. At least he didn't felt like he belonged.

They soon arrived at the Bakugo's household, a place Izuku had visited a few times during his childhood. He would normally only go there whenever Mitsuki invited his mother to share dinner with them. It felt odd being in that place without the company of his mother. He still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that Mitsuki was his foster mother.

"Come on, boys. Masaru is making lunch for you," Mitsuki smiled, killing the engine. Without saying another word, the two teenagers stepped out of the car with their bags and headed towards the front door.

"Pardon the intrusion," Izuku mumbled when Katsuki opened the door, taking his shoes off at the entrance. Katsuki gave him a funny look, raising an eyebrow as he, too, took his shoes off.

"This is also your house, nerd. You're not intruding," The blond told him, giving him a gentle nudge. Izuku blinked and blushed a little, taken aback by those words. He didn't expect Katsuki to say that, but it was kind of nice to hear him say it. It was like he was accepting him as part of him family.

"Welcome home, boys!" Masaru said from the kitchen, peeking his head in the hallway to smile at the boys. "I hope you guys brought an appetite with you, because I'm making some miso soup."

"Sure thing," Izuku smiled back at him, while Katsuki frowned. Miso soup was pretty much their comfort food. There were only two reasons why his father would make it. One, the weather was chilly and it was raining. Two, they had bad news.

It wasn't raining.

"Go ahead and take a seat, I'll get the table ready," Mitsuki said while coming in behind the boys, ruffling their hair. Katsuki clicked his tongue in annoyance, but didn't say anything as he placed his bag in a corner and headed to the table. Izuku followed suit, placing his bag next to Katsuki's. Mitsuki had finished getting the table ready, and Masaru came out of the kitchen with a pot of nice and hot miso soup, placing it in the middle of the table.