Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Katsuki dragged Izuku behind him to the nurse's office. The green-eyed boy tried protesting, claiming that he was alright, but Katsuki wouldn't take any of it. He knew that his childhood friend was not doing alright, and it pissed him off that he would try to hide it.

"Kacchan, I promise, I'm fine. Please let me go now." Izuku whined while trying to pry Katsuki's hands off of the front of his shirt. At this, Katsuki turned around to glare at the nerd, his usual scowl evident on his face.

"Look, Deku, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you, and I don't care. But you've been acting weird since this morning and it's fucking annoying me." He scoffed angrily. "I'm throwing you in the nurse's office whether you like it or not."

Izuku blinked, biting the inside of his cheek as the blond turned back around and continued to drag him. It didn't take long for them to reach the nurse's office, Katsuki demanding to see the old lady. He knew that he was going to be late to class now, but he wanted to make sure Izuku was doing fine despite the words he threw at the nerd. He couldn't admit to him that he cared. Not yet.

Katsuki pushed Izuku inside the office once he saw Recovery Girl, briefing the old lady about what had happened a couple of minutes ago. She took Izuku in, pushing the blonde out of the office with her staff and telling him to get to class. Katsuki huffed out in annoyance, stuffing his hands in his pockets as he made his way to his classroom. The halls were empty as he walked down them, an eerie silence against his whirring thoughts. Hopefully, class would distract him from them.

Meanwhile, in the nurse's office, Izuku answered a few questions while Recovery Girl checked his vitals. He found out that he had high blood pressure, which wasn't surprising due to the many anxiety attacks he suffered. It explained why he felt dizzy after what happened at the elevator, resulting in him passing out momentarily. Recovery Girl noticed the bags under his eyes—the exhaustion in his green orbs.

"Have you been getting the appropriate amount of sleep?" she asked quizzically as she wrote some things down on a clipboard. Izuku scratched the back of his neck guiltily, knowing that he couldn't always lie to the lady.

"Not really." He muttered. "About 3 to 4 hours a day."

"Why is that?" she asked, putting the clipboard aside and crossing her arms in front of her chest. Izuku didn't want to tell her about his nightmares, afraid that he would be forced to see a psychologist and be tested for whatever mental illnesses he might have.

"I've been staying up late doing homework and taking extra notes." He lied with a sheepish smile. Recovery Girl's eyes slanted in suspicion, uncrossing her arms and moving over to a cabinet not far from her desk. Izuku watched her, curious as to what the old lady was looking for. After a little rummaging, the lady pulled out a bottle that seemed to have some sort of vitamins in them.

"I will excuse you with Aizawa so that you can get proper rest. These are melatonin vitamins to help you regulate your sleep. Take one of these and go lay down in one of the beds, I'll go send him a message." She said, shooing the boy over to one of the many beds. He was about to protest, not wanting to miss out on his classes and fall behind, but Recovery Girl gave him a stern look. He had to keep up his perfect grades—he couldn't risk falling behind and failing.

His mom wouldn't like it.

"Alright." Izuku sighed, not wanting to get in trouble. He took one of the gummy vitamins and chewed on it, surprised by the overly fruity flavor it had. Recovery Girl watched him as he walked over to one of the beds and took his shoes off, making sure he laid down and covered himself with the thin blanket.

Once she was sure that he would stay put, she sat down on her desk and took a sticky note, writing down Izuku's current condition. As she walked out of her office, she noticed a passing student and motioned her over, asking her to take the note over to Aizawa. The girl complied and took the note from her hands, earning a "thank you" from Recovery Girl.