Chapter 102 - Hero's Engine.

ابدأ من البداية

"Now, Atsuhito. Go Full Throttle. Bring up the heat!" Said Hatsume.

"Ookay." Nervously replied Kaito.

As he activated his Full Throttle, the brass suit, combined with Kaminari's quirk, seemed to overcharge his steam, that quickly burned even hotter than ever before. It seemed to be slowly turn into a bright, white glowing light.

"Alright, that's enough." Said Flydad. The boys withdrew their powers.

"What was that all about?" Questioned Kaminari in confusion. "It looked like you were glowing for a second, or maybe I'm crazy."

"You were right." Assured Flydad, joining the two.

"What was that?" Questioned Kaito.

"The next stage of your quirk!" Replied Hatsume.

"This didn't happen the last time we tried." Said Flyboy.

"It didn't happen because first - it was imprudent, and second - you were both doing it wrong."

"How so?" Both asked.

"You two were trying to get steam through electricity, instead of electricity through steam!" Said Hatsume.

"And you lacked a conductor back then, your brass did the job just right." Concluded Flydad.

"So our quirks can really combine! Who would've thought!?"

"Yeah, I told you the Powered Power Bros were going to beat All For One and his goons!"

"Don't get too excited thought, we still don't know the risks of doing that. It's best to hold on for a while, try to get more data on it."

"But you really think I can do it? My quirk can really "evolve" like that?" Questioned Kaito.

"Only one way to find out!" Said Hatsume. "But when it does, one thing is for certain..." She grinned. "You'll become unstoppable!"

* Back to the Present *

"PLASMA CASTER CANNON!"

Beam of solid white light split the sky in two, along with half the mountain of yucky fingers Shigaraki launched at the heroes.

"That was close!" Bakugo safely landed back on one of the floating platforms. "Steampunk!"

He looked at his classmate who was still floating in the sky, his obvious change in appearance surprised him.

"What was that? A new Super Move maybe?" Bakugo wondered. "What the hell was that creepy crap?!" He questioned.

"I have no idea, but it's not a quirk!" Answered Kaito. "Monoma is still using erasure!"

"It's not a quirk?!" Edgeshot was surprised.

"This is... simply growth." Said Shigaraki, pulling back his gross mass of fingers and hands. "Just my body on it's own. The same way my hair or nails grow longer. The body must adapt to ever evolving quirks. This new form humanity acquires is the next step for a super powered society. In line with the singularity proposed by Garaki. You people who sweep it all under the rug and shy away from the inevitable future couldn't possibly comprehend it!"

Despite Steampunk literally vaporizing half the mass of gross fingers Shigaraki used to attack, what was left still managed to hit a few of the heros, Mirko taking the most damage. Luckily, it only damaged her support leg and arm, something the Support Course had prepared for before the battle.

"I need some spares!" Was all she needed to shout while sliding away from the villain.

From the ground rose a Support item "locker" of sorts, containing a few spares for the Rabbit Hero. Quickly she donned the items and was ready to get back into the fight.